Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3444 (Express Yourself (OOP))

Reviewed by:ReneeSews

Last Updated:9/18/06 5:07 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Jan B. said... (9/19/06 1:58 PM) Reply
These look great on you. With the minor tweaking you've talked about, they'll be absolutely perfect! Congrations.
Sew it seams said... (9/19/06 10:02 AM) Reply
You got a great fit with this pattern Renee. And with Sherril's tips, and the tips you talk about in your review, this could be the perfect pant pattern for you. Very nice job.
Donna H said... (9/19/06 9:23 AM) Reply
Those really do look great! Like RTW. Thanks for the review.
cathy45 said... (9/19/06 8:42 AM) Reply
Great fitting pants.
PixieCat said... (9/19/06 6:35 AM) Reply
Renee, your pants look great! You have a wonderful fit! I'm also about to try moving a back zipper to the front using Sandra Betzina's mock fly so I'll be watching for how it goes for you. Good luck!
SewTwin said... (9/19/06 2:25 AM) Reply
Renee, you really caught my attention on these pants, especially in denim! To get a great fit, and be comfortable is a win-win! This would be a TNT pattern if mine turned out these great!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (9/19/06 1:55 AM) Reply
Thanks Renee.
patsijean said... (9/19/06 0:26 AM) Reply
These are great looking pants. This pattern is a keeper for you. I use a one seam pattern that I have tweaked and tweaked (need to make it about 1 inch longer) and it has no pockets. I don't care. No bumps.
mClones said... (9/18/06 11:05 PM) Reply
Hey, those look great...and comfy. I'm jealous!
Sewliz said... (9/18/06 8:28 PM) Reply
Nice pants! They look like they fit well and feel good to wear. Wowie!
Schnauzer said... (9/18/06 7:53 PM) Reply
Nice pants Renee. They look good on you!
j222b said... (9/18/06 6:01 PM) Reply
I always remove the pockets on pants to give me a smoother line. Even in RTW (and Jeans etc): I sew pockets closed and take away the pocket linings. I like pockets, too, but I like the smoother line better. I like your pants.
Sherril Miller said... (9/18/06 5:37 PM) Reply
Renee, definitely sew these up again. They look very good. From the back, though, it does look like you have a high hip. Just adjust your pattern slightly higher on the right side. I can't wait to see what you do with the zipper next time around. ;-D
USMCMom said... (9/18/06 5:23 PM) Reply
Renee, these look great! Too bad they're OOP. I tried searching on the McCall's site, even under OOP, and nada..
ReneeSews said... (9/18/06 4:43 PM) Reply
Yes the pattern seems to be OOP. I just purchased this not to long ago, at least so I thought? These pants sit at my natural waistline right where I like them, right on my belly button.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (9/18/06 4:36 PM) Reply
Your pants look just great. The description said "low rise", how low rise were they actually? Is this pattern OOP?
ReneeSews said... (9/18/06 2:32 PM) Reply
Dbl Post
ReneeSews said... (9/18/06 2:30 PM) Reply
Thanks Sherril for the idea of putting the zipper in the front, I did think about that but wanted to make these up as is and see how they would work. Plus I am still working on my front zipper applications ;-) I can reach the zipper to un-zip, but have a hard time zipping it back up. Short arms (or fat round body? also) Excuse the wrinkles I have been wearing them all morning.
Sherril Miller said... (9/18/06 12:57 PM) Reply
Renee, is this pattern OOP? I couldn't find it on the McCalls website. I can't reach a side or back zipper because of my short arms (or fat round body?) so I always move my zipper to the front and use Sandra Betzina's mock fly zipper. You'll need to add a cut on fly shield and lengthen the waistband in the center front if there is a waistband. Otherwise I just end the zipper one inch below the edge of the pants and add a heavy duty snap. I've done it so often that now it looks good, but if yours doesn't come out right, just wear your blouse over the top and no one will notice. I'm looking forward to your pics.

Violette Field Threads Stella