Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 16754-1001 (1 Hr Slip Cover)

Reviewed by:celeste

About celestestar
ID USA
Member since: 6/21/04
Posted on:9/18/06 11:14 PM
Last Updated:9/18/06 11:14 PM

celeste said... (9/20/06 4:54 PM) Reply
Thanks all for the nice comments. I purchased around 20 yards (all that was left on 2 rolls in the clearance bin) and was able to do both the couch and the loveseat (loveseat is the one featured in the review.) I measured the amount of fabric that would be required to drape over and entirely cover the couch (with all edges touching the floor, & w/ fabric tucked into the seat)--min. size piece of fabric: 100 inches by 170 inches; and then for the loveseat 100 inches by 140 inches. The fabric width was 54 inches; so I had to sew the two 10 yard lengths together lengthwise to make one piece wide enough (my 100 inch measurement.) I think I ended up with one 3 ft long by 100 inch wide piece remaining after both were done.
greenmommie said... (9/20/06 9:56 AM) Reply
Wow, thanks for making that process easier to understand! How much fabric did you use?
AliceB said... (9/19/06 8:20 PM) Reply
WOW I'm impressed... my dog sofa bed is located in the great room and I want it to look nice in addition to hiding pet hair, dirt, leaves and sundry yard debris carried in of small hairy dog bellies and feet. SO I have 25 yards of natural colored linen hanging out in my foyer waiting for the preshrink process. I need to cut into shorter pieces and take the laundry mat to wash and dry i hot hot hot a few times. I need to take your advice and not be too fussy about finishing my dog bed cover... I tend to be a tiny bit obsessive.
Leora said... (9/19/06 3:07 PM) Reply
OMGosh. Another light bulb moment... I think I'll try this!! Thank you :)
Jan B. said... (9/19/06 2:13 PM) Reply
Terrific results. I'll join all the other comments in awe of doing this with photos in an hour. You could make a profession of this.
Donna H said... (9/19/06 12:17 PM) Reply
Amazing! I am in AWE! Great job and great review. (walks away in total wonder muttering...how does she do that?)
Elemenopeo said... (9/19/06 10:57 AM) Reply
Done in an hour with photos! It looks great and I actually think the fabric isn't awful.
cathy45 said... (9/19/06 8:55 AM) Reply
Wow! You did that in an hour! I'm impressed.
PixieCat said... (9/19/06 6:41 AM) Reply
Wow! You did this in an hour?? It looks wonderful. Thanks for the step-by-step photos!
OP Gal said... (9/19/06 6:20 AM) Reply
I love your humorous review. I'm impressed that you could crank this out in an hour! It looks great. Lucky dog.
priscilla said... (9/19/06 4:57 AM) Reply
You did a great job, and the shape of that sofa isn't easy to work with. Your step by step instructions makes me want to do my sofa again. I have a light colored shedding pomeranian that definitely leaves her mark around the house.
Patzee said... (9/19/06 2:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for letting us know how you did this fine looking slip cover!
patsijean said... (9/19/06 0:48 AM) Reply
I am considering doing this.
ReneeSews said... (9/19/06 0:00 AM) Reply
Great job! My DD is pestering me to re-cover a sofa for her, thanks for this review!

Sewn Square One Triple Play Top Pattern

Sewn Square One Triple Play Top Pattern

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

by: tcusic