Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 16754-1001 (1 Hr Slip Cover)

Reviewed by:celeste

About celestestar
ID USA
Member since: 6/21/04
Posted on:9/18/06 11:14 PM
Last Updated:9/18/06 11:14 PM

celeste said... (9/20/06 4:54 PM) Reply
Thanks all for the nice comments. I purchased around 20 yards (all that was left on 2 rolls in the clearance bin) and was able to do both the couch and the loveseat (loveseat is the one featured in the review.) I measured the amount of fabric that would be required to drape over and entirely cover the couch (with all edges touching the floor, & w/ fabric tucked into the seat)--min. size piece of fabric: 100 inches by 170 inches; and then for the loveseat 100 inches by 140 inches. The fabric width was 54 inches; so I had to sew the two 10 yard lengths together lengthwise to make one piece wide enough (my 100 inch measurement.) I think I ended up with one 3 ft long by 100 inch wide piece remaining after both were done.
greenmommie said... (9/20/06 9:56 AM) Reply
Wow, thanks for making that process easier to understand! How much fabric did you use?
AliceB said... (9/19/06 8:20 PM) Reply
WOW I'm impressed... my dog sofa bed is located in the great room and I want it to look nice in addition to hiding pet hair, dirt, leaves and sundry yard debris carried in of small hairy dog bellies and feet. SO I have 25 yards of natural colored linen hanging out in my foyer waiting for the preshrink process. I need to cut into shorter pieces and take the laundry mat to wash and dry i hot hot hot a few times. I need to take your advice and not be too fussy about finishing my dog bed cover... I tend to be a tiny bit obsessive.
Leora said... (9/19/06 3:07 PM) Reply
OMGosh. Another light bulb moment... I think I'll try this!! Thank you :)
Jan B. said... (9/19/06 2:13 PM) Reply
Terrific results. I'll join all the other comments in awe of doing this with photos in an hour. You could make a profession of this.
Donna H said... (9/19/06 12:17 PM) Reply
Amazing! I am in AWE! Great job and great review. (walks away in total wonder muttering...how does she do that?)
Elemenopeo said... (9/19/06 10:57 AM) Reply
Done in an hour with photos! It looks great and I actually think the fabric isn't awful.
cathy45 said... (9/19/06 8:55 AM) Reply
Wow! You did that in an hour! I'm impressed.
PixieCat said... (9/19/06 6:41 AM) Reply
Wow! You did this in an hour?? It looks wonderful. Thanks for the step-by-step photos!
OP Gal said... (9/19/06 6:20 AM) Reply
I love your humorous review. I'm impressed that you could crank this out in an hour! It looks great. Lucky dog.
priscilla said... (9/19/06 4:57 AM) Reply
You did a great job, and the shape of that sofa isn't easy to work with. Your step by step instructions makes me want to do my sofa again. I have a light colored shedding pomeranian that definitely leaves her mark around the house.
Patzee said... (9/19/06 2:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for letting us know how you did this fine looking slip cover!
patsijean said... (9/19/06 0:48 AM) Reply
I am considering doing this.
ReneeSews said... (9/19/06 0:00 AM) Reply
Great job! My DD is pestering me to re-cover a sofa for her, thanks for this review!

by: erinkjones

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)