Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2956 (Misses Skirt and Tops)

Reviewed by:MelC

Last Updated:9/21/06 12:33 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts

Kath in ON said... (9/22/06 10:09 PM) Reply
I think it looks very pretty. I agree with Sherril about the dark stockings - my rule is that your shoes should always be darker than your pantyhose.
Winifred said... (9/22/06 4:26 PM) Reply
This looks lovely on you. I have this pattern and will make it up minus the collar as they dont look good on me - my necks too short. Winifred
Donna H said... (9/22/06 2:38 PM) Reply
Love the fabric choice! Beautiful.
wvsher said... (9/22/06 10:26 AM) Reply
Great job, and I think it looks very nice on you in the photo. I also have a KS pattern (For a man's shirt) that has collar instructions that are confusing to me. (But then, I have yet to successfully make a collar.) Glad you figured yours out -- I really messed mine up. :)
Mini said... (9/21/06 9:56 PM) Reply
Your outfit turned out really well. This is an excellent pattern for drapey fabrics like rayon or tencel too. I have used this pattern and thought it was one of Kwik Sew's best. The gored skirt is especially well-drafted, with lots of "swirl". I think you will like the collarless blouse-it's very quick to make, and of course it's easier than the collar version.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (9/21/06 7:37 PM) Reply
As soon as I saw the picture, I knew it was a church "dress"--it looked like one piece. I think you look like a sweet, Christian gal--not like a "box"!! Rhonda
CarolynGM said... (9/21/06 7:32 PM) Reply
Well done, MelC. Your fabric is lovely.
Sherril Miller said... (9/21/06 7:09 PM) Reply
It's a very nice outfit, and the fit looks good. I think the black stockings are too dark for such a pretty spring fabric though. Isn't it great that you can trust KwikSew instructions?
Sewliz said... (9/21/06 6:40 PM) Reply
I like it, and your skirt deifinitely does not look boxy. Your outfit is wonderful, cute fabric and what a nice fit!
Elemenopeo said... (9/21/06 2:11 PM) Reply
I think it looks nice. The photo is in poor lighting so the dress sort of jumps to the forefront of the photo. I bet it looks better in natural daylight.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/21/06 12:36 PM) Reply
Yours looks so much nicer than what is on the envelope. Great job and what a bargain at $2.00 a yard.

by: Rosie who...