Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1407 (Barcelona Dress)

Reviewed by:Debbie Lancaster

About Debbie Lancasterstar
CA United States
Member since: 9/18/02
Posted on:9/24/06 1:41 PM
Last Updated:9/24/06 4:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
AnneM said... (1/27/11 9:03 PM) Reply
Very helpful review. I love how your dress came out, & your fabric works great in that style.
Carrabeg said... (2/13/08 10:58 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for all your information, it was fun to read, I am still sitting here laughing at you having to cut it off. I expereniced this once in a dress store when the clerk insisted the garment would fit, I was in a panic in the change room, finally I asked for help to have it ripped off me. Once again thanks for all the details which I will consider as I make this dress
Lhan said... (9/26/06 4:14 AM) Reply
This is the nicest version of this dress I have seen. And one of the best reviews. Thanks for going into so much detail, it really helps, and I admire your patience. No way I would have made 6 versions of a dress (all that lovely fabric ....!!). The final product certainly does demonstrate the value of good fit.
Georgene said... (9/26/06 1:13 AM) Reply
It looks really good. I do hope you will make a few more now that you have it worked out. Turn it into a tunic? ditch the skirt, make the top longer, use it as a good base for tops? slit it down the front and make a swinging duster coat....??
Patti B said... (9/25/06 9:26 PM) Reply
Debbie, this is a lovely non-matronly dress on you. Glad you stuck with it. It's a favorite of mine but I don't think I would have lasted through so many iterations; congrats on persistence!
carolynw said... (9/25/06 6:54 PM) Reply
OK - you have me convinced I should go back and try and try again - your dress looks wonderful. My first attempt was not a good fit and as you so correctly said - I looked frumpish and matronly - it's hanging around somewhere so one day I will get back to it and see if I can come up with a dress that looks as nice as yours - then I would be satisfied,
Leslie Bonner said... (9/25/06 4:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and kudos for perservering. Love the fabric choice especially since I would have never thought it would look so great.
SarahWeb said... (9/25/06 12:30 PM) Reply
It's beautiful! Now that I read all you've gone through with this pattern, I think maybe I might have a chance at success with it if I keep your review, and other reviews of it, close at hand. Thanks for sharing your experience.
PattyU said... (9/25/06 8:14 AM) Reply
Thank you for this great review.
Kathi R said... (9/24/06 11:15 PM) Reply
Boy, I admire your ability to keep swinging until you hit one out of the park....I'm sure I would have thrown in the towel at muslin #3 (or maybe #2)....you worked really hard for that dress....beautiful result.
lmg said... (9/24/06 10:18 PM) Reply
Wow. Worth all the tries. I have always wanted this pattern.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/24/06 9:39 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress. Great review.
Englebert said... (9/24/06 8:55 PM) Reply
Debbie, your dress is lovely! Thank you for the thorough review~
Jennifer shaw said... (9/24/06 8:27 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review, Debbie! The dress looks absolutely wonderful!!
Dee2 said... (9/24/06 6:38 PM) Reply
What an inspiring review! Your persistence paid off. The dress looks beautuful. Thanks much for sharing.
bunz said... (9/24/06 5:36 PM) Reply
Beautiful result! Your determination paid off -- I salute you:-)
elizajo said... (9/24/06 5:34 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Now that it qualifies as a TNT, you can make several more. Somehow that makes up for taking the time to make mulitple muslins.
Nancywin said... (9/24/06 5:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the details. I have this pattern and some fabric to make it. I think I better make a muslin first!
drsue said... (9/24/06 3:40 PM) Reply
this is a great dress, once you get it down. Love to see a pic some time.

More Knits
More Knits

No Pattern Used 000

by: velosewer

Colette Patterns 0003

by: rmomontrea...

Islander Sewing Systems Moebius Scarf Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Moebius Scarf Pattern

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)