Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6619 (Misses' jacket)

Reviewed by:elizajo

About elizajostar
LA USA
Member since: 4/15/05
Posted on:9/26/06 12:21 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Sewliz said... (10/3/06 7:58 AM) Reply
The jackets sounds wonderful. Your fabric description has me longing for one for myself.
SouthernStitch said... (9/27/06 9:08 AM) Reply
This is so young and fresh looking! I know your DD will like it. BTW - IMO bound buttonholes are advanced - you need to upgrade a notch. :)
Vonnevo said... (9/26/06 5:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for an excellent review. The jacket sounds lovely.
elizajo said... (9/26/06 5:28 PM) Reply
I think my fabric had alot to do with it. I think I would prefer to add some more interfacing below the roll line than to redraft a collar-- that is one area I don't feel skilled enough to draft.
conib said... (9/26/06 3:40 PM) Reply
I've been looking at that pattern with particularly that view A collar in mind, and I'm very glad to see your detailed review. Great solution w.r.t. that external collar stand! What do you think about the idea of re-drafting the collar to have an actual collar stand -- do you think that could that be partially helpful w.r.t. getting the collar to work properly?
elizajo said... (9/26/06 2:02 PM) Reply
HA! I downgraded myself last year because I had forgotten so much about tailoring over the fifteen years that I didn't sew! Thanks, but I still have other things like bound buttonholes to conquer.
wood turtle said... (9/26/06 1:39 PM) Reply
Are you sure you're an advanced beginner? I think that if you can do a jacket, you are automatically at least an intermediate.

Sew Liberated Lola and Lolita Aprons