Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3338 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

About Karen6790starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/2/06

Best Patterns of 2007
Posted on:10/2/06 1:55 PM
Last Updated:1/14/09 6:26 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 28 people
oceandaughter said... (11/7/09 11:21 AM) Reply
I love all your photos...I am hoping to make over some t-shirts also. Seems like a good way to get unusual fabrics plus the fit and style I want.
mountainthreads said... (5/25/09 12:49 PM) Reply
Terrific information on the use of this pattern for repurposing old Ts.
Karendee said... (1/15/09 5:13 PM) Reply
Such a nice looking top, and I like all your other Ts made from this pattern.
mssewcrazy said... (1/15/09 2:09 PM) Reply
Wow to all your shirts. I saw this pattern in the best patterns list and bought it a while back as I figured as well loved as it is I better put it into my collection. You have definitely put it high on my to do list.
FreyaStark said... (1/15/09 4:16 AM) Reply
A very smart and distinctive garment. Well done!
Ody said... (1/14/09 11:41 PM) Reply
Wow! girl, you are doing the stashers up proud! This (and all the others) are fantastic and you have a great eye for picking the perfect fabric to make these tops stand out.
j222b said... (1/14/09 9:05 PM) Reply
Fabulous. I'd like to read a review of your cover stitch--what brand do you have?
renren said... (1/14/09 9:03 PM) Reply
It seems to me everything you do is perfect and beautiful! Glad you are enjoying your new coverstitch machine.
sewtime said... (1/14/09 8:52 PM) Reply
What a great pattern!! All your tops are really cute! And love your review.
carolynw said... (1/14/09 8:30 PM) Reply
Lovely tops Karen - have the pattern and MUST get to it!!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/14/09 7:27 PM) Reply
Fantastic floral print version!
Cerisa said... (1/14/09 7:01 PM) Reply
This has to be one of the greatest patterns for a beginner - Ive made a few myself and I'm pleased with the results. Karen, I'm impressed that you recut t-shirts to give them new life and I like your choice of fabrics.
Mahogany Stylist said... (1/14/09 6:59 PM) Reply
Two more great looking tops. Can you believe I don't have this pattern? It is definitely a winner.
Christas said... (1/14/09 6:34 PM) Reply
I LOVE your fabric choice for this top! It jumped out at me from all of the reviews in the gallery. This is such a classy looking top!
Mahogany Stylist said... (3/22/08 8:56 PM) Reply
I love all of the versions of this top. Great fabric selections.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/19/08 11:27 AM) Reply
All your t's are fabulous and fit you beautifully, but I can't take my eyes off this beauty you've reviewed today! Wow, it's a killer; the fabric is nothing short of perfect for your small shape. Absolutlely lovely, Lily
MelissaB in WA said... (3/18/08 9:49 PM) Reply
All your tops (past and present) are lovely! I have this pattern and really need to try it.
HeyJane said... (3/18/08 7:34 PM) Reply
This one and another vogue pattern are my 2 favorites that I make all the time, so I love to see everyone else's variations. I love your 3/4 sleeve - very pretty !!
Deepika said... (3/18/08 6:38 PM) Reply
Thanks for drawing my attention to this t-shirt pattern. Who doesnt need a basic tee in their wardrobe. Your t-shirts are lovely.
Sew4Fun said... (3/18/08 6:31 PM) Reply
I like your latest tee. Thanks for reminding me about this pattern.
Lori V said... (3/18/08 7:12 AM) Reply
Another winner and I like the fabric placement.
Dale C said... (3/18/08 0:31 AM) Reply
That's neat how you placed the dark line under the bust. It makes it look like there's an empire seam there... and it "lifts" the bust. That fabric is great.
Karen8320 said... (3/17/08 11:44 PM) Reply
Karen, this is stunning fabric!!! Absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure you'll look a knockout wearing this top. Everything about it looks great.
Trudy J said... (1/2/08 1:56 PM) Reply
I love the old t-shirt suggestion!
OP Gal said... (10/3/06 7:33 PM) Reply
Very nice T's. I especially love the fabric in the one you reviewed.
Harriet Rogers said... (10/3/06 12:30 PM) Reply
Love all of your versions. I also have a favorite KS pattern: No 3161. I've used EOS fabric for the short sleeved and long sleeved versions, each made at least twice. It's great when one finds a pattern that just WORKS, isn't it? Thanks for sharing.
Karen6790 said... (10/3/06 9:21 AM) Reply
Ronda, I do these on the regular machine - haven't accumulated a serger yet either. I do them on a small zigzag or straight stitch, depending on the amount of stretch in the fabric. Irina, I've made it into a fairly close-fitting tee, but you can definitely add some ease. It's a very cooperative pattern.
mClones said... (10/3/06 8:09 AM) Reply
Love them all. Great fabric choices.
AnneM said... (10/3/06 7:37 AM) Reply
Great T, and a great pattern for fun fabrics. I need to get myself a TNT t-shirt pattern.
ryan's mom said... (10/3/06 7:06 AM) Reply
Great tee, great fit!
CarolynGM said... (10/2/06 8:20 PM) Reply
My goodness, your are a very prolific producer of t-shirts! The neckline is gorgeous, and they all look very professional. Is this a fairly close-fitting tee, or is there some ease?
Sew4Fun said... (10/2/06 8:18 PM) Reply
Great tees! I love your fabric choices too. I can see why this pattern is a favourite.
Ronda Rae said... (10/2/06 7:27 PM) Reply
I love your tees! I wish I could make some of these. I don't have a serger (yet) and can't seem to do it right on the regular SM. Your material choices are great, too!
Mrs.Moos said... (10/2/06 6:22 PM) Reply
Karen--I am assuming you did the scoop neck view? I "made over" a T-shirt using this pattern but had to use the high neck due to the screenprinting placement. I like the look of the scoop neck SO much better though. Your shirts are great and great choices on the fabric. I must try this pattern on something other that a T-shirt makeover!
Lori V said... (10/2/06 4:31 PM) Reply
Those are so very pretty, great job.
Erica B. said... (10/2/06 4:26 PM) Reply
Cute top!
carolynw said... (10/2/06 4:03 PM) Reply
They all look so nice - isn't it nice to have Tees that really fit!!
jnamcd said... (10/2/06 3:54 PM) Reply
They look great! You always have the coolest fabrics!
Princess Jenny said... (10/2/06 3:31 PM) Reply
Wow! They are all beautiful. I see why this pattern is one of your favorites. You picked such lovely materials each time, too :)
sewbehind said... (10/2/06 2:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful T-shirt, elegant to boot! This is now on my must do list.
Jayme said... (10/2/06 1:59 PM) Reply
Very nice tee's!!! I have really taken to rebuilding t-shirts as well. My daughters are continually bringing me "rebuilds"! You should send your pictures to Kwik Sew - they have such great patterns, but I feel their drawings never do their patterns justice!

by: MariannaSe...