Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3906 (Misses Costumes)

Reviewed by:Seamingly Simple

About Seamingly Simplestarstarstarstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:9/26/06 11:39 PM
Pattern Size:Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
San Souci said... (10/24/10 12:46 PM) Reply
thanks for posting this review, I really liked specially the alteration of the sleeve elastic
Laura O said... (9/17/09 11:29 PM) Reply
Your dress turned out great! I just bought this pattern today and for Halloween I'm going as a German bar maid. I'm making my fiance go as a bar maid too (you should see his huge German legs! Too funny).
Costume Queen said... (11/23/06 6:33 PM) Reply
Very cool! I love the red skirt fabric. Plus, the mug adds to the "wench"-ness. ;-)
Sarah2747 said... (9/28/06 8:02 AM) Reply
Great costume! I want to sew a costume - but have no event to wear it to!
Frogstitcher said... (9/27/06 9:31 PM) Reply
This is such a fun costume and very authentic looking. Good choice to adjust the sleeve. Now you're all ready for the big night. Let's hope you're not expected to serve the drinks!
Erica B. said... (9/27/06 2:58 PM) Reply
great looking costume.
Monica G said... (9/27/06 12:09 PM) Reply
Your dress is definitely "wenchy". It is exactly the word I thought of as soon as I saw the picture--without reading your review. I like the 2nd set of sleeves best--adds to the wenchiness.
Karen6790 said... (9/27/06 9:10 AM) Reply
Don't we all need a good wench costume on occasion? I like your improved sleeves better, but this is a great costume all around. Nice work.
moss said... (9/27/06 8:51 AM) Reply
Hot! That looks really good. I actually kind of like the first sleeves, wimpy and all.
Stacy Sews said... (9/27/06 8:37 AM) Reply
Fun costume! You're right, the new sleeves do look better.
Janime said... (9/27/06 8:24 AM) Reply
Very nicely done. It looks great!!
Princess Jenny said... (9/27/06 7:36 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this. It is my Halloween costume this year, too! I just haven't gotten around to sewing it yet. Good to see the tips :)
AnneMarie60 said... (9/27/06 7:31 AM) Reply
I actually like both types of sleeves, but I think the way you altered them makes the dress look more authentic (what I think a wench's dress should look like, anyway). I looked through all of your pictures, and I am quite impressed with your sewing skills. You also choose beautiful fabrics in just the right colors. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing. You have inspired me!