Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB015VB (Velma Bags)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:9/28/06 12:14 PM

Deepika said... (9/29/06 11:06 PM) Reply
Cindy, I should write a review of Stitch n Shape. Its a stabilizer which is very stiff and yet very pliable. It can be steamed to shape after stitching. I love it and use it in all my bags. I wouldnt use anything else now. Here's a link to the company which manufactures this product. Sitch n Shape, scroll down and you'll see it.
CSM--Carla said... (9/29/06 8:52 PM) Reply
Cute Cute Cute Bag!!! So glad you have made some time to sew, Deepika! Thanks for all you do for us! Carla
hongkongshopper said... (9/29/06 6:42 PM) Reply
Deepika, your bags are all so fantastic!
JDpenelope said... (9/29/06 4:45 PM) Reply
What a trendy bag, and you found the perfect fabric. You make it sound so easy--I wonder if it would be for me. Maybe I'll try one of these patterns and find out!
Skymom said... (9/29/06 2:03 PM) Reply
Ok, I totally love this bag--it's completely adorable. But I don't understand how this wise grandmother can be the only person who truly loves everything you make for her! Your stuff is always so good--believe me, we all appreciate and love it, even if we only see it in photos!
cindyann said... (9/29/06 10:13 AM) Reply
I love that bag. Great style. Deepika, what is Ditch-n-Shape?
Deepika said... (9/29/06 8:35 AM) Reply
simbaby, yes grandma is pretty hip. She has a pretty active lifestyle and a large social circle. She does not use the cellphone much but she always carries it. She wanted me to make a holder which she can sling on her shoulder that way she wont have to worry about losing it.

Thanks for such nice comments you all! And thanks for reading. My next Amy Butler will be Dorothy Bag which has been discontinued unfortunately. I love the covered cording handles!

sewbehind said... (9/28/06 7:50 PM) Reply
Very pretty. Love the fabric. You must have a pretty hip grandma.
simbaby said... (9/28/06 7:41 PM) Reply
Great bags! How did u get GM to carry a cellphone, I can't even get my mother to use one!
Mary Stiefer said... (9/28/06 7:24 PM) Reply
Another great bag. It's especially fun to make for someone who truly enjoys your handiwork.
drsue said... (9/28/06 7:10 PM) Reply
That's a "wow" bag. Great fabric choice too.
SansSouci572 said... (9/28/06 6:12 PM) Reply
I have never made a purse but got this pattern to try too! Now I feel inspired to just do it!
Tiner W said... (9/28/06 4:54 PM) Reply
This is my favorite of Amy Butler's bags. Maybe someday I'll even make one. Yours is very pretty!
Lynngray said... (9/28/06 4:19 PM) Reply
Cute bag. Love the fabric!
Karen6790 said... (9/28/06 3:50 PM) Reply
That's so cute. I love the vintage style. Yet another pattern for my wish list . . . thanks for the review.
Heatherrique said... (9/28/06 1:55 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous!
Donna H said... (9/28/06 1:07 PM) Reply
Cute bag. Love the lining fabric, too!
pterion said... (9/28/06 1:01 PM) Reply
Very cute bag! I like the combination of fabrics. I'm sure your husband's grandmother will love it.
Peggy L said... (9/28/06 12:34 PM) Reply
D - that is really a cute bag. Aren't you lucky to have someone to sew for who never complains! I'm sure shell love this one.
OP Gal said... (9/28/06 12:18 PM) Reply
Adorable bag. I've been wondering about this bag. Glad to hear it's a great as it sounds. I'm really impressed with your pattern matching on the front! Great job.

Understanding Knit Fabrics