Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4277 (Girls' Top, skirt, pants, belt)

Reviewed by:jnamcd

About jnamcdstarstarstar
IN USA
Member since: 10/5/04
Posted on:9/29/06 3:52 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

Nancy Rhodes said... (1/25/09 11:59 AM) Reply
Hi I just traced off a size 6 for my DGSD (my grand-stepper)... and was checking on PR for tips. I will be doing a little work on the neckline. This is for a Valentine's day shirt and thus still cold winter wear and that width might not be the best, Thanks for the tip!
MelissaB in WA said... (9/30/06 9:58 AM) Reply
I love the top Amy and your DD is so sweet. I too love red hair and hers is just beautiful. Bummer about the neckline, but it looks like you have a great solution for next time.
jnamcd said... (9/30/06 9:41 AM) Reply
Sladen, thanks for the sizing tip--I think I will try that!
Monica G said... (9/30/06 7:47 AM) Reply
Really cute top. Great colors for your beautiful DD
slanden99 said... (9/30/06 0:47 AM) Reply
Cute shirt!--the brown looks good on her. Wide necklines and shoulders are typical of big 4 children's patterns. Try using a size 2 for the neck/shoulders next time, then size 5 for the rest of the top. This made a huge difference in fitting my dd (also 4 1/2 yo).
Mary Stiefer said... (9/29/06 11:21 PM) Reply
Great looking shirt . Love the model and her beautiful red hair and beautiful blue eyes.
sewbehind said... (9/29/06 7:18 PM) Reply
Cute top. Gorgeous model. I agree that the red hair is beautiful and with those eyes!
pterion said... (9/29/06 4:22 PM) Reply
Sweet top and a gorgeous model - that red hair is to die for! Necklines are my nemesis as well - so hard to get the sizing right.
jessika said... (9/29/06 4:10 PM) Reply
great knit top. There aren't many knit tops for kids. I did the pants from this pattern now that you reviewed this top I know what to do with my extra stash of knit. It looks great. I like the bell sleeves and your right the sleeves always need to be shortened. Your right about the neckline. But I like the pink added. Too Cute.

Sew Liberated Aurelia Cardigan