Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3072 (Plus size swimwear)

Reviewed by:dctalktx

About dctalktx
TX USA
Member since: 9/12/06
Posted on:10/2/06 6:09 PM
Last Updated:10/3/06 3:09 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Plus
Sherril Miller said... (10/4/06 10:56 PM) Reply
Glad the pattern worked for you. It's a pretty swim tankini top.
mClones said... (10/3/06 8:40 PM) Reply
That's a great idea. I made comfy swimshorts from the Kwik-Sew book and wear them with a purchased tankini top. Next summer I think I'll make the tankini top too like you.
cecelia said... (10/3/06 8:14 PM) Reply
The print is very pretty, and I bet it looks nice with the black bottom to match. You did very well since bathing suits cost $$$.
OP Gal said... (10/3/06 7:24 PM) Reply
What beautiful fabric. It looks like you did a beautiful job. Thanks for the review.
dctalktx said... (10/3/06 2:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for your help with the bold words. I made this pattern pretty tight since I wanted some support. Next time I made a tankini top with this pattern I will add some ease to the area under the bust and make the bust lining a little tighter. I did cut out and sew up the straight size (except for altering the bust lining) since the material was so stretchy. I used tricot for the lining but next time I may use the same fabric as the suit for more support.
wood turtle said... (10/3/06 10:58 AM) Reply
If you don't want the whole review to be in bold, type after the /bold sign. I did the same thing on my first review. What kind of ease do you recommend for plus size? Did you sew up a straight size or do alterations?

Bluegingerdoll The Winifred Dress Paper Pattern