Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1207 (Bristol Blouse)

Reviewed by:Mini

About Ministarstarstarstar
WI USA
Member since: 3/21/02
Posted on:11/8/02 6:47 PM
Last Updated:11/11/03 12:39 PM

sewandserge said... (2/9/07 12:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for the excellent detailed review. I am considering this pattern, which would be my first independent pattern, but am concerned that the pattern may need more adjustments than I know how to do!
Mini said... (10/23/06 3:41 PM) Reply
It's funny, but since I wrote this review I have found other patterns that technically fit me better, but I still like this one. It just seems to work:).
Kathi R said... (10/22/06 9:05 PM) Reply
I'm searching old reviews looking for pattern inspiration and your fitting notes are very helpful....the extended arm holes are exactly what I'm looking for.
LilD said... (2/22/06 9:43 PM) Reply
great. extremely complete
JDpenelope said... (11/11/03 7:38 PM) Reply
Terrific, thorough, helpful review. This is just the kind of blouse I like to wear. Glad to know it's easy, but I probably need more practice first--still, it's in my library for later.
CarolynGM said... (11/11/03 4:57 PM) Reply
Wonderful review Mini, and I really like your strategy of refining the fit of a few basic patterns and using them often. Thanks to you and others, I'm starting to see the wisdom of this approach! This shirt looks really, really good on you -- I can see why you make it again and again.
Modiste Madness said... (11/11/03 4:31 PM) Reply
I look forward to your reviews! What an incredible knowledge of garment construction.
AnneM said... (11/11/03 2:36 PM) Reply
Silk duppioni - what a neat idea! Always love your reviews, Mini.
CatherineN said... (11/11/03 1:46 PM) Reply
Your photos are not available at the above url anymore. Would you please repost your pictures.
Elona said... (11/11/03 12:51 PM) Reply
Wowza. Lots of great information here! Many thanks.
marya said... (2/12/03 11:59 PM) Reply
Thank you for this very detailed and helpful review.I really appreciate when shorter women try out a pattern before I do! The info on the upper body, shoulder and armhole sizing is much appreciated.
said... (11/9/02 0:12 AM) Reply
Actually, the pattern is $16.00 and I think it's worth it. Not only is it easy to sew but you get a classy result. I've made several of these with best results from soft and drapey rayons.
said... (11/8/02 9:13 PM) Reply
Hey everybody, thanks for the nice comments. I have to be honest though, there is no reason to spend $20 on this pattern. It is nice, but not exceptional in any way. I bought it several years ago, when I was more impressed by the mystique of "designer" patterns. Kwik Sew and Burda both have similar patterns that will give the same look for less $. KS 2698 ,or the blouse pattern in the new Kwik Sew Easy Sewing book, are basically the same design. Kwik Sew uses a higher armhole, which will probably fit short women better. Catherine, the collarless blouse WAS white linen. It succumbed to a spaghetti sauce spill, so I don't have it any more. I will make another eventually, and then I'll post a picture.
said... (11/8/02 8:51 PM) Reply
I like the red blouse on you; it looks like a very flattering fit. And, I like red! Thanks for your terrific review. You sure set the standard for reviews! ;-)
said... (11/8/02 8:41 PM) Reply
Thanks alot Mini, another $20 bites the dust! I've been resisting this pattern but the red blouse looks so good on you I can't resist any longer.
said... (11/8/02 8:20 PM) Reply
Great review with some terrific fabrics, but that's no surprise. I would probably be happy just to live in your fabric stash for a few days. Gee, that sounds a little weird (even to me :p), but I think most of us at PR.com should understand! It's all about the fabric, isn't it? I really liked the collar; most RTW collars are too high on me, so I tend to leave the first button unbuttoned anyway. This looks like it could work for me either way, especially with your comments on the button and interfacing.
said... (11/8/02 8:01 PM) Reply
Would you post a picture of the collarless version? You choose such lovely, lush colors.
said... (11/8/02 7:15 PM) Reply
Thanks Gigi. I wore that blouse so much that it literally fell apart:). When I find the right fabric I am going to make a duplicate so I can re-use those buttons.
said... (11/8/02 7:04 PM) Reply
Mini - another great review! I especially love the red blouse - it looks so great on you. I have the same Fimo buttons in my stash. :-)

Violette Field Threads Vivienne -Skirt