Pattern Reviews> KnipMode Magazine> 8/2005 #9a (Gathered V-neck)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:10/3/06 8:58 PM
Last Updated:10/3/06 9:13 PM

cecelia said... (10/10/06 11:47 AM) Reply
I love the top--it's all in the details, right? I really like the different "V." Dutch pattern--my husband is Dutch, umm, doesn't speak it though :(
blue mooney said... (10/5/06 1:06 PM) Reply
I agree, that is a terrific top!
casken said... (10/5/06 1:48 AM) Reply
I really like your top and the colour.. oo-la-la! Thank you for your review!
Sherril Miller said... (10/4/06 10:58 PM) Reply
Wat a great pattern. I think we should pressure simplicity to come out with this pattern. Your top is cute.
dreamdesigner said... (10/4/06 6:27 PM) Reply
Really, Really cute Leslie! DH bought me a very similiar top from Ann Taylor for my b-day in April, and I've been searching for a pattern ever since! I'm thinking I might try to do a knock-off from it at this point.
JDpenelope said... (10/4/06 5:42 PM) Reply
This is a fun top and a fun review. Vincent should be so lucky -- Your sleeves are a whole lot better than any of his.
ACB said... (10/4/06 5:42 PM) Reply
Well done, just beautiful!
maryfrana said... (10/4/06 1:34 PM) Reply
Love the gathering at the neckline and the color is dynamite.
BeckyW said... (10/4/06 11:55 AM) Reply
Very cute top!!!!
umjudis said... (10/4/06 10:45 AM) Reply
Good to see you again. Loved your top, color, design. Sleeves don't look bad at all from the picture.
milwaukee_kelly said... (10/4/06 10:37 AM) Reply
That neckline is fabulous Leslie! I love that the V is softned with the gathers. Thanks for sharing with us! :)
cindyann said... (10/4/06 10:11 AM) Reply
I love your top. Soooo cute. Something I need in my wardrobe. Thanks for the tip on the cloth covered elastic. I hate gathering!
slanden99 said... (10/4/06 10:00 AM) Reply
I like the gathers on the V neck. Great job
touran said... (10/4/06 9:31 AM) Reply
You gave the biggest laugh in a long time. I guess I'm *more* predictable than you. Your top is really pretty. I love the V neck with gathers so much. And I'm so happy to see your reviews again.
Stacy Sews said... (10/4/06 8:35 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I love this style!
Marie-Claude said... (10/4/06 7:54 AM) Reply
Lang leven de Knip, inderdaad ;-) Nice top and thanks for the gathering tip with elastic thread!
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/4/06 7:23 AM) Reply
What a great top!
Sanibelle said... (10/4/06 6:37 AM) Reply
You did such a beautiful job on the gathers; it turns a simple top into something special.
CarolynGM said... (10/4/06 6:37 AM) Reply
Great neckline. You should do a notion review on that elastic -- sounds like a very useful item to have around.
Nickle said... (10/4/06 6:30 AM) Reply
Love the top and the neck gathers.
Maychi said... (10/4/06 5:37 AM) Reply
Lovely top! I love the front gathers!
Tini said... (10/4/06 2:28 AM) Reply
greeeaaat top... I need to dig thru my knip mode mags and see if I have this issue
Mary Stiefer said... (10/3/06 11:01 PM) Reply
Great looking top. Love the gathering. Thanks for the tip on the cloth covered elastic, too.
Leslie in Austin said... (10/3/06 10:23 PM) Reply
Lorna, I just followed the instructions on the packaging: handwind the elastic thread onto the bobbin, use regular thread on top. Use a long stitch length. Sew along the line to be gathered, leaving a long tail at the beginning and end. The thread automatically gathers up the fabric. Leaving the tails helps you adjust the distribution of them. If you google elastic thread, you'll also find a SewNews article at about.com.
Lorna C. Newman said... (10/3/06 10:11 PM) Reply
Leslie, can you give more detail on how to use the elastic thread?
MelissaB in WA said... (10/3/06 10:07 PM) Reply
Oh I really like that top! Maybe Katharine should go into business translating patterns, hint hint Katharine! LOL Enjoy your new top! :-)
Lori V said... (10/3/06 9:53 PM) Reply
That is a great top.
Peggy L said... (10/3/06 9:49 PM) Reply
I like the color, too. Very nice. Fun to see two reviews from you in one day!
PegL said... (10/3/06 9:29 PM) Reply
Very pretty top and I still love the color! Vincent should take lessons from you -- your sleeves look great! Very helpful review....good to see you doing one again! I've missed you lately!

StyleArc Debra Zebra Top