Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5839 (Kimono)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:10/8/06 8:18 PM
Last Updated:10/9/06 12:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Sweater knit fabrics

republicofmj said... (10/6/11 9:30 PM) Reply
Hi I was given this pattern to finish for a friend but the instructions were lost (!). I am looking for someone who still has this pattern to photocopy the instructions and share them with me. Is this something that would be easy for you to do? I would appreciate it inmensely :-)
Leslie Bonner said... (10/11/06 4:43 PM) Reply
Glorious jacket, dress, shoes. How sad you didn't get to show it off at the wedding. I recently finished a blouse from fabric with some beading and I agree - it was an ordeal. Like childbirth the pain is a distant memory. The garment stills hangs in my sewing room so I can admire it.
CarolynGM said... (10/10/06 7:20 AM) Reply
What an elegant jacket. Love your shoes too.
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/9/06 10:15 PM) Reply
Stunning, Ann, just stunning! IKWYM about those durned beaded sequined fabrics, but your effort was worth it! -Ann
CSM--Carla said... (10/9/06 9:46 PM) Reply
As always Ann, an elegant stylish eyestopping, inspiring creation. Thanks for this excellent review! I have bought many patterns because of your reviews! Carla
Janime said... (10/9/06 2:19 PM) Reply
What a lovely adaptation!
maryfrana said... (10/9/06 1:29 PM) Reply
I love this! I too have sewed with silk/pearls and it is very very time consuming to take off all the pearls in the seamlines. Beautiful job, lovely jacket and person wearing it.
Ann Smith said... (10/9/06 12:11 PM) Reply
Egads! It appears Yahoo changed their photo program overnight. They have said this new "improved" program was coming. Looks like I have a lot of work to do to reorganize my photos.
rmardel said... (10/9/06 11:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket Ann! Too bad you weren't able to wear it, but I am sure other opportunities will present themselves.
Harriet Rogers said... (10/9/06 11:10 AM) Reply
Terrific looking, as always, Ann, but I had a hard time finding the photos. For some reason, your link goes straight to all of your albums. Hmm...a puzzle: which of your albums would this be in? 'Found it in your 2006 album, in case anyone else's link isn't working in the standard way. Love the jacket, and also loved seeing the quilt show exhibition: bet you were the hit of the show.
Moxie said... (10/9/06 11:06 AM) Reply
Ann, Your creations are always so beautiful and I love seeing them. Unfortunately, when I click on the photo icon I'm taken to a web page that contains all your albums. Where do I find the pictures for this garment. Thanks a bunch, Katie...
BillieJean said... (10/9/06 9:00 AM) Reply
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't see any of your current pictures. I get your site when I click on the camera icon on the review page, but once there, no matter which picture I click on, nothing happens. Obviously, this is my problem, because other viewers are commenting on how lovely your pictures are. Can someone please help me. Thanks, Billie
hongkongshopper said... (10/8/06 11:32 PM) Reply
It's lovely. A great jacket as it will never date!
Modiste Madness said... (10/8/06 11:23 PM) Reply
I always look forward to your creations.
Liana said... (10/8/06 10:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful Ann! How disappointing that you couldn't wear it to the wedding. I know you'll think of another time, or two.... :)
Linda E. said... (10/8/06 9:30 PM) Reply
lovely jacket..Ann You always do such great work..

Sew Liberated Reading Pillow