Pattern Reviews> Other> Fleece Swing Jacket (Swing Jacket: Barb's Original)

Reviewed by:Nancy Peters

About Nancy Peters
FL USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:10/12/06 2:12 PM
Last Updated:12/9/06 8:44 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Mini said... (12/10/06 8:22 AM) Reply
A candid review like this is very helpful. Too bad you had to waste time and money on a faulty pattern though. I hope the designer will read this review and learn something!
Mini said... (12/10/06 8:21 AM) Reply
Rhoda K said... (12/9/06 11:11 PM) Reply
The pattern and company is listed in the pattern information link provided. I've never heard of the company myself. The pattern looks nice, but I wouldn't call it a swing coat, I don't see a back view. Nancy, what does the back look like? Sorry that your second try didn't work out.
solosmocker said... (12/9/06 8:59 PM) Reply
I am lost here. I don't see a pattern number or manufacturer stated in the review. I realize it is an update but it would help to know what specific patttern is being referred to. I frequent this board practically nightly but am not familiar with Barb. Help!
Nancy Peters said... (12/9/06 8:51 PM) Reply
As for her wanting us to struggle, I hope not Poly. Catchy phrases do not a pattern make. :o)
Poly said... (10/27/06 4:30 PM) Reply
I also have a Swing Jacket pattern from Barb Originals, the one for the Linen jacket. I agree that the directions are very poor--expecially with regard to the collar band directions in the case of the pattern I purchased. I can cope with poor directions most of the time, but these are particularly difficult. The designs she has are super much of the time, so it's frustrating to have to deal with such poor directions! On the last page of my pattern directions is a single quote from Barb: "Things worth doing seldome come easy." I find myself wondering whether she wants us to struggle!
OP Gal said... (10/13/06 11:11 AM) Reply
Thanks for the information. Too bad the pattern is such bad quality.
diane s said... (10/13/06 10:47 AM) Reply
I made this pattern a few years ago, before PR, and I hated it too. My older pattern was on heavier paper.
ryan's mom said... (10/13/06 6:53 AM) Reply
Very helpful! I agree with the price--a pattern over $10 should include lots of clear instructions, good pics, etc. Guess I'm spoiled with $1/pattern sales and like to to spoonfed at the high, independent prices.

Tessuti Mandy Boat Neck Tee