Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1081 (Blouse with double collar)

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:10/13/06 12:36 PM
Last Updated:10/14/06 11:06 AM

Nancy K said... (9/4/08 7:16 AM) Reply
A stunning blouse. It is unique, and each fabric made it a totally different blouse. The only thing that I'd like to see is a picture of you in the blouse. Your review is your usual informative terrific job.
AnneM said... (10/15/06 8:13 PM) Reply
Great blouse! There are a few Marfy patterns that I am looking at, although I have other more pressing project before I tackle one of them. Your fabric / color combinations are great. At least in the picture, the stiffer collar seems like a nice style element.
cathy45 said... (10/15/06 11:48 AM) Reply
Exquisite project--yours always are--the paisley, the green & I love how the blue buttons really pop but don't dominate. Your reviews are just like sewing lessons--one learns so much.
kathi s said... (10/14/06 10:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse - I really admire your workmanship ... and your bravery! I got to look at a Marfy pattern recently and they are way beyond my mosdest skill!
ELIZAALL said... (10/14/06 9:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I bought this pattern also. And your idea of adding a placket is a good one. It addresses my concern of protection due to the front design of the pattern.
carolynw said... (10/14/06 10:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a great review. I am about to do my first Marfy pattern - a coat - I have figured out how the pieces go together and what I will need to do to put it all together - will post review when done. Am hoping I will be as successful as you - great job Debra.
Sew it seams said... (10/14/06 9:06 AM) Reply
Debra that is a beautiful blouse. I love some of the Marfy designs but I'm really intimidated by the "no instructions and no drawings". Your idea for the button placket and placement of the buttons was a good one. I can't imagine how the front would stay in place (closed) with just the fronts meeting and nothing behind them. Love your blouse, great fabric combination, and very helpful review.
rmardel said... (10/14/06 8:49 AM) Reply
love the blouse and thanks for the great description of the details.
cecelia said... (10/14/06 6:48 AM) Reply
Debra, after reading your review, I don't know how you did it because you had so many different challenges. Your blouse came out beautifully though with such nice color matches, and I bet it looks lovely with your red hair. Thanks for a detailed review.
Liana said... (10/13/06 9:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful work, and I like the way the olive collar stands up a little. Great review, and thanks for all your technique tips!
Carolyndh said... (10/13/06 8:54 PM) Reply
Your color combinations here are just striking! Looks very high end! Nice!
Danvillegirl said... (10/13/06 8:26 PM) Reply
Very pretty blouse. Love the colors.
hongkongshopper said... (10/13/06 8:07 PM) Reply
Lovley! I particularly like the combination of the three fabrics.
Re Becca said... (10/13/06 6:35 PM) Reply
I love this, you did a great job of selecting fabric, making it fit and figuring out the assembly. You colors and prints are always great. Could you do me a favor and post a close up of the front collar? Just a little bit higher than your front placket picture so that I can see the collar for when I try to do this myself. I love the look of this pattern, but I am waiting to find the perfect fabric combination. Your review is extremely helpfull
Modiste Madness said... (10/13/06 6:33 PM) Reply
Bravo! I love the pattern and your interpretation of it. Thanks for spending so much time on your reviews.
Vonnevo said... (10/13/06 4:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful Debra ! Thank you for sharing another one of your inspirations.
jnamcd said... (10/13/06 4:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse--I particularly like the buttons you choose to go with this shirt. As always, excellent review!
SBanks said... (10/13/06 4:06 PM) Reply
Lovely. I am looking forward to some Marfy's I've ordered.
OP Gal said... (10/13/06 3:39 PM) Reply
Wonderful review, as usual. The blouse is stunning with its double collar and clever details. Kudos for being able to master the pattern.
Lynngray said... (10/13/06 3:13 PM) Reply
Lovely, Great fabric and review.
LBJ said... (10/13/06 1:44 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I love the fabric and the colors. Thanks for the very helpful review!
Lorna C. Newman said... (10/13/06 1:15 PM) Reply
This is a wonderful blouse. I love the paisley fabric and the greens coord so well with it. I have almost finished altering the pattern for my first Marfy attempt. I keep finding other projects to do in the meantime! LOL ...

Understanding Knit Fabrics