Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4081 (Jackets 1940s Retro, B-C-D cup)

Reviewed by:Sharon M

About Sharon Mstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 8/3/02
Posted on:10/15/06 9:16 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

RetroModelSari said... (5/11/07 7:01 AM) Reply
Wow! Itīs extremely cute! It turned out great! I just donīt get the part about cup-sizes, but I guess Iīll find out once I get it by myself ;-)
Nancywin said... (10/18/06 11:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I may also buy this pattern, if for nothing else but to encourage the company to continue with the B-C-D. Doing the FBA, and figuring out which method will work best on each pattern is a royal pain.
RuthieSews said... (10/18/06 3:43 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. I have this pattern too.
Elemenopeo said... (10/16/06 9:30 PM) Reply
Wow! Just beautiful. Love the color.
OP Gal said... (10/16/06 9:03 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous!
Sherril Miller said... (10/16/06 8:46 PM) Reply
I too want this pattern. Thanks for the great review.
Sharon M said... (10/16/06 8:28 PM) Reply
USMCMom - the soutache trim is optional so you could easily leave it off of this jacket. The next version I make will not have the trim.
cathy45 said... (10/16/06 1:45 PM) Reply
I've been waiting for the next sale to get this pattern & was thrilled to see your review. Very thorough, BTW. Your jacket looks wonderful. Nice job with the trim.
blue mooney said... (10/16/06 11:46 AM) Reply
I bet there are lots of us watching for reviews from this pattern. Thanks for being a pioneer! Your jacket is lovely and your trim application looks very neat.
dvazz said... (10/16/06 8:58 AM) Reply
That just looks beautiful!
Danvillegirl said... (10/16/06 8:33 AM) Reply
Great job. I just finished this jacket except I can't find the button I want to complete it.
Judy Wentz said... (10/15/06 11:51 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful. Great job.
hongkongshopper said... (10/15/06 11:39 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket.
Mary Stiefer said... (10/15/06 11:11 PM) Reply
What a great looking jacket. At first I thought this was in a wine colored suede. Corduroy makes this a good one to wear. Great job.
USMCMom said... (10/15/06 11:03 PM) Reply
Sharon, that's a nice fit and great style. I'm a little unsure about how the soutache trim goes on, but wonder if it would be possible to leave it out? I'd like to make this one, but don't want trim or decorations on a area that is already, umm, outstanding, if you know what I mean
CarolynGM said... (10/15/06 10:24 PM) Reply
Very nice that a 1940s jacket only needs 1/4 inch shoulder pads! The only one I've made needed inch think pads! Yours is lovely. Good job on the trim.
Sew it seams said... (10/15/06 10:05 PM) Reply
You did a great job on this jacket. I bought this pattern at the last Simplicity sale to make a jacket for my mom. She will be thrilled to see how well yours has turned out. Very pretty fabric.
Jennifer shaw said... (10/15/06 9:53 PM) Reply
Your jacket is gorgeous! I am glad that this turned out so beautifully for you. Thanks for your review!
KiwiWendy said... (10/15/06 9:32 PM) Reply
great to see a review & photo of this pattern with the D cup pieces used. I can't wait for it to be available in australia

Sew Liberated Clara Dress Pattern