Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6705 (Misses Jacket, Tops, Pants and)

Reviewed by:LornaJay

About LornaJaystar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 9/30/06
Posted on:10/22/06 1:20 PM
Last Updated:10/22/06 1:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Coat/Jacket    Formalwear    Suits / Separates
OP Gal said... (10/23/06 2:48 PM) Reply
Welcome to PR. Too bad this pattern didn't work for you. I've recently learned the FBA from FFRP, and it's still a pain to do, but it gets easier each time. And it's definitely worth the effort to learn.
Jane S said... (10/23/06 6:20 AM) Reply
Welcome to PR! We have a similar figure...although i envy you square shoulders...and I too finally had to bite the bullet and learn to do the larger bust dart technique. For my figure, also a D cup, it's amuch better alteration than the pivot and slide method since it places the extra fabric where I need it, front and center. Sorry this one didn't work since it is frustrating to spend time on a less than successful project. I now call them my "sewing lessons" but wish I didn't have to take so many of them:-)
Mary Stiefer said... (10/22/06 6:00 PM) Reply
I'm sorry this didn't work out for you. It does take a bit to get modifications to work the way you want them to.
drsue said... (10/22/06 2:50 PM) Reply
Too bad this didn't work for you. I think you have the type of figure that takes a lot of time to learn how to adjust for. I wasn't familiar with this pattern. Those pants look very interesting - - hollywood waists are great for the short legs/long waist combo.

You Sew Girl Adult Hats Pattern