Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2006-111 (Blouse)

Viewed 2087 times

Posted on:10/23/06 0:45 AM
Last Updated:11/22/06 11:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 26 people
Robin Denning said... (11/30/06 4:08 PM) Reply
fantastic fit! thanks for providing inspiration on how well-done home sewing can be!!!
Robin Denning said... (11/30/06 4:04 PM) Reply
hongkongshopper said... (11/24/06 4:27 PM) Reply
Ooh, nice fabric - and from Lincraft! Beautiful work Belinda!
Schnauzer said... (11/23/06 5:48 PM) Reply
Belinda, Your blouse is lovely!
minieme said... (11/23/06 4:04 AM) Reply
Lovely shirts! Love the fabrics too.
Vonnevo said... (11/23/06 0:45 AM) Reply
Belinda I missed your original review due to being away, but very glad to find it now. They are both beautiful, stylish blouses, with that Belinda *polish*. I always look forward to seeing your garments and reading your excellent reviews. I remember meeting you in the Cloth Shop on PR Weekend :)
Sew4Fun said... (11/23/06 0:22 AM) Reply
Motomoda, the only difference I found was easing in the sleeves, as I mentioned in the review. The fit itself doesn't change as the two fabrics are similar, but the comfort does. A fitted blouse like this is a perfect candidate for a stretch woven fabric. HTH.
Stacy Sews said... (11/23/06 0:02 AM) Reply
Another great blouse! It looks great on you and I love both fabrics.
motomoda said... (11/22/06 11:50 PM) Reply
This looks very good (again!) Were there any significant differences using stretch woven compared with standard woven fabric? I wonder how to predict changes to fit using one where another is recommended??
CherylStillSews said... (11/6/06 11:54 PM) Reply
Ooh - missed this one - love it! Great colour.
LiZ said... (11/6/06 4:17 PM) Reply
This is a gorgeous blouse. I love the fabric, I will have to visit the Cloth Shop more often. I will have to try this pattern out if it has plenty of ease in the upper arm area as I normally do major alterations to this area.
Sew4Fun said... (10/27/06 5:13 AM) Reply
Dreamdesigner, the ease-plus method is a method favoured by Sandra Betzina, where you place your index finger behind the foot as you sew the sleeve in. All I mean by American sleeves are are those with a lower, usually wider sleeve cap, drafted by many American pattern companies.
yummymummy38 said... (10/27/06 0:17 AM) Reply
Belinda, very flattering and beautifully fitting shirt on you. love the fabric too.
dreamdesigner said... (10/26/06 8:31 PM) Reply
Belinda, You did it again! I always look forward to your reviews, as the final product is so polished and the fit is fabulous, and I usually learn something. You obviously know what you're doing. What is the "ease-plus method "? and what are "American sleeves"?
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (10/26/06 7:23 PM) Reply
Looks tres cher. Beautifully executed from fabric match to construction.
Lilibet said... (10/24/06 7:57 PM) Reply
Lovely match of pattern and fabric.
SandraB said... (10/24/06 11:33 AM) Reply
This really looks lovely on you. The fit is perfect and I love the fabric.
milwaukee_kelly said... (10/24/06 11:00 AM) Reply
Amazing. The print is awesome. It looks really great on you.
MelissaB in WA said... (10/24/06 9:26 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse! Too bad I sold that issue of Burda - bummer for me. Enjoy your new blouse! :-)
ryan's mom said... (10/24/06 7:25 AM) Reply
Great, colorful top and impeccable fit!!!
Jane S said... (10/24/06 7:15 AM) Reply
Wow, what a great looking result. I love this pattern and may have to find this issue on ebay. Thanks, you look wonderful in this beautifully fitting shirt. What a wardrobe builder.
Danvillegirl said... (10/24/06 5:23 AM) Reply
I love your fabric. Great job of getting the designs in the right places. Looks great on you.
patsijean said... (10/24/06 1:02 AM) Reply
What a great shirt. I need a TNT pattern like that. My camp shirt pattern is not so good for winter.
ElsaD said... (10/24/06 0:56 AM) Reply
What beautiful fabric you chose!
AndreaP said... (10/23/06 11:47 PM) Reply
I just love your shirt. Great pattern, changes, and fabric.
mClones said... (10/23/06 9:51 PM) Reply
What a comfortable and smart looking , well-fitting blouse!
2BSewing said... (10/23/06 7:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Well done!
hongkongshopper said... (10/23/06 6:35 PM) Reply
Very nice indeed Belinda! Fun fabric and what a great fit!
runnerchicki said... (10/23/06 4:36 PM) Reply
Great review. You look great in this blouse! I love the fabric!
Monica G said... (10/23/06 1:04 PM) Reply
I can't believe how beautifully done your pattern matching is!!! When I grow up.... Overall, the blouse fits you wonderfully
sewbehind said... (10/23/06 11:54 AM) Reply
That blouse is gorgeous! The colour looks lovely on you.
Erica B. said... (10/23/06 11:42 AM) Reply
what a great tailored shirt and the fabric just makes it fun!
jemgirlca said... (10/23/06 11:27 AM) Reply
Your shirt turned out great. It reminds me of the NL pattern that I just made. I love your fabric and your pattern matching is amazing!
Moxie said... (10/23/06 10:54 AM) Reply
Excellent fit. You've done a really nice job with the pattern of the fabric. Thanks for the review
Karen6790 said... (10/23/06 10:24 AM) Reply
This is an issue I'll have to hunt down - it's a great shirt on its own, but your fabric, and all the work you did in matching and placement, makes it really beautiful.
cindyann said... (10/23/06 10:04 AM) Reply
That is a PERFECT blouse. Amazing fit and fabric which was beautifully matched. Your design changes are wonderful.
Kay Y said... (10/23/06 9:14 AM) Reply
Based on your endorsement I will definitely consider this pattern for a tailored shirt. I love the fit and the fabric you chose.
JDpenelope said... (10/23/06 9:11 AM) Reply
The extra time spent matching the pattern was well worth it. Your blouse fits beautifully and the fabric adds to the appeal.
PegL said... (10/23/06 9:11 AM) Reply
Your blouse is just perfect!! It looks wonderful on you!
Leslie in Austin said... (10/23/06 9:07 AM) Reply
What a lovely blouse! Your pattern matching is awe inspiring and your changes to the pattern are definite improvements over the original.
Debbie Cook said... (10/23/06 7:31 AM) Reply
I love seeing the blouse on you! Great fit, great print, superior matching. And, I really like the style changes you made too.
Lori V said... (10/23/06 7:06 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse. Fantastic job with the matching.
CarolynGM said... (10/23/06 7:01 AM) Reply
The first thing I noticed when I opened the picture was the perfect matching across the center front. Then I saw the impeccable fit and lines. Great job of making this pattern your own.
Loreli said... (10/23/06 6:59 AM) Reply
Its lovely!!! I want to try this one too. Thanks for your review.
Sanibelle said... (10/23/06 4:05 AM) Reply
Thank you for a photo showing you wearing it, so that we can admire the beautiful fit you got! I love the curve in at your waist and at the hemline - beautiful.
Ann Smith said... (10/23/06 4:00 AM) Reply
Very cute shirt. Whimsical and yet classic.
Sew4Fun said... (10/23/06 0:56 AM) Reply
Brrmm, yes as long as you can read french. :) The photo of the front is taken in a mirror so the writing is backwards. IRL it's the right way. The back view shows the writing the right way.
brrmm said... (10/23/06 0:54 AM) Reply
Great pattern matching. Does that mean you can read the "handwriting" across your tummy? Great work - it looks lovely.

More Knits