Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8402 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:fuzzygalore

About fuzzygalorestar
Member since: 1/16/05
Posted on:10/25/06 5:33 PM
Last Updated:10/25/06 11:51 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Vesta Patterns

Sanibelle said... (10/27/06 9:19 AM) Reply
Your jacket is perfect for an interview: very elegant, but with more personality than the standard suit jacket. We'll be crossing our fingers for you!
SBanks said... (10/26/06 3:58 PM) Reply
Really nice! I'd love to see the fur version.
Harriet Rogers said... (10/26/06 3:22 PM) Reply
Like the others, I would never have given this pattern a second look--Burda should use your version on its envelope. Great looking jacket: good for you for visualizing a much more elegant jacket than the pattern picture indicates. So...did you get the job?
CSM--Carla said... (10/26/06 10:21 AM) Reply
Enjoyed your review!! Very Cute jacket! Thanks for the inspiration on the boiled wool and the serger approach. Someday! Hope the interview went well. Carla
kmouse said... (10/26/06 9:16 AM) Reply
This is a pattern I would have totally passed by if I had not seen your review. Your jacket looks great, the boiled wool (and treatment) is great!
lynny said... (10/26/06 5:43 AM) Reply
Looking at the Burda picture I probably wouldn't have bothered with this pattern but looking at your jacket it looks very good (although a little unfocused). Thanks for the review I will now look for the pattern.
Danvillegirl said... (10/26/06 5:29 AM) Reply
Good job. Looks nice.
dctalktx said... (10/26/06 5:24 AM) Reply
Great jacket. I would never have bought the pattern until I saw your jacket. Hope you got the job!
Ann Smith said... (10/25/06 8:21 PM) Reply
I like it much better than the pattern picture. Good job and so fast!
PegL said... (10/25/06 8:19 PM) Reply
Love your version of this jacket! Very nice!
SansSouci572 said... (10/25/06 8:13 PM) Reply
Nice! I have that pattern. I need to make something in 45 minutes too!
Deb Bee said... (10/25/06 6:44 PM) Reply
Cute rendition of this jacket. Bring on the leopard!!
BeckyC said... (10/25/06 6:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! What a great fabric choice for this style! Can't wait to see it in the fake fur.
Donna H said... (10/25/06 6:07 PM) Reply
Ok, I gotta tell you that I saw your name "Fuzzy galore" before I checked out the pic of this jacket. The pic is a little fuzzy...made me laugh! Great Jacket. I'm in awe of you women who say "i never looked at the directions". Sheesh...wondering when I'll get to say that. Thanks for this review.
Pinkytoo said... (10/25/06 5:59 PM) Reply
But more importantly - did you get the job? ;-) It looks fabulous, I could SO see this in a big fake leopard print.
carolynw said... (10/25/06 5:54 PM) Reply
I really like this - would have just gone by this pattern but now you have shown what can be done with it am going to get it - love easy fitting jackets that are also easy to make!! Think I will forgo the fur look though - a little too young for me LOL!!

Lekala Patterns 4149

by: kdbobo

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2004-121

by: westmoon

SewBaby Blankie Buddies Pattern

SewBaby Blankie Buddies Pattern

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)