Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Lazy Girl Designs> 122 (Summer Tote)

Reviewed by:BeckyC

About BeckyCstar
MN USA
Member since: 5/8/04
Posted on:10/26/06 9:14 AM
Last Updated:1/27/07 10:22 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Baja Susana said... (7/13/08 11:28 PM) Reply
I have made this bag as well and customized it. I love the way you have customized it to suit your needs.
Mirza said... (1/28/07 7:45 AM) Reply
Taking digital pics of your step by process including sm settings is a great idea. You should put this idea in the tips section if you haven't already. I can see where you could print up those instructions and keep it with the pattern. Great idea for those patterns you will be making over and over again.
khurtdvm said... (1/27/07 11:14 PM) Reply
I love the colors of your original summer tote, but the new ones look great, too! That's great that you modified it to suit your own needs.
Sherril Miller said... (1/27/07 10:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful.
Mac426 said... (10/30/06 11:32 PM) Reply
WOW-What a talented seamstress you are! I think that purses are more confusing to make than garments, especially the Lazy Girl Patterns, but maybe since I'm not a quilter and they don't have individual pattern pieces like a Simplicity that makes it more confusing to me. Anyway your work is beautiful!
MN sunrise said... (10/30/06 5:04 PM) Reply
I appreciated her comments as to why she made changes to the basic pattern. Her sewing expertise is very apparent; I liked her review much. thanks
slanden99 said... (10/28/06 9:45 AM) Reply
Cute bag!
ryan's mom said... (10/27/06 4:45 PM) Reply
Wow! What a great-looking bag!!!
Elemenopeo said... (10/26/06 10:45 PM) Reply
What great totes. Good review on how you made them too!
Susan R said... (10/26/06 6:21 PM) Reply
Both of your totes are beautiful! thank you for this helpful review.
Ronda Rae said... (10/26/06 2:28 PM) Reply
Love the autumn tote! Perfect size. I have this pattern, but felt it was too big for me, too. I'll definitely take your advice and make it a bit smaller. Thanks for reviewing this!
carolhope said... (10/26/06 1:25 PM) Reply
You have inspired me to make a bag! Thank you for the very thorough review.
Donna H said... (10/26/06 11:22 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful and I love all YOUR ideas/changes. I'll be checking this pattern out. Thank you.
AnneMarie60 said... (10/26/06 11:16 AM) Reply
Terrific job on these great-looking bags and a perfect suggestion for the bag's bottom. Great photos and wonderful review. Thanks!
said... (10/26/06 10:06 AM) Reply
I love your bags! I have made about 30 bags using my modified version of the Towne Purse. It looks like this pattern uses a different zipper application than the Towne Purse. I really like making soft handbags and I also use cotton batting and quilting on mine which gives them just the right amount of body but doesn't make them stiff as a board. I just may have to buy this pattern even though I have a couple of Big 4 bag patterns and a Lazy Girld large tote pattern that I have never used! Congrats on doing such a great job on both of your summer totes!

Lekala Patterns 6131