Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3993 (Sherlock Holmes/London Bobbie)

Reviewed by:kkkkaty

About kkkkatystarstarstar
UT USA
Member since: 12/7/05
Posted on:10/30/06 10:52 AM
Last Updated:4/23/08 9:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Gelbean said... (4/24/08 1:50 AM) Reply
I'll bet you guys got alot of attention on the slopes. Your husband is a perfect Sherlock thanks to your sewing skills. Great Job.
Athene said... (4/23/08 10:42 PM) Reply
Great coat - I absolutely love the action pictures skiing - who can resist Sherlock Holmes on skiis. Your DH is lucky - you did a fantastic job making this coat for him.
SewingSusan said... (4/23/08 9:52 PM) Reply
I made this for a friend a few years ago and I remember struggling with the collar. Your husband's coat is fabulous, and he plays the part well! Good job.
ceedee said... (11/22/06 10:14 PM) Reply
DH just walked by & saw photo - he wants one too! I said sure but it won't look as good as this one. Good job! Very nice.
AnneM said... (11/1/06 12:50 PM) Reply
Looks like a good excuse to go to the opera. Not surprising that your DH is happy with it.
patsijean said... (10/31/06 11:27 AM) Reply
I just went online and purchased this pattern for my husband. I asked him about it and he will definately will wear it out. He is that kind of guy. I know he will wear it to the symphony.
Monica G said... (10/31/06 7:25 AM) Reply
What a great Sherlock Holmes. And I, too, am impressed with a DH willing to wear a costume!
jaqi said... (10/30/06 4:12 PM) Reply
Awesome! I have this pattern and I hope when I make it that it looks as good as yours. Also, I adore a man who is willing to wear a costume. How lucky you are!
Stephanie C. said... (10/30/06 11:48 AM) Reply
That's a great look for you dh!
Luckylibbet said... (10/30/06 11:39 AM) Reply
Super cool! Happy Halloween!
Padmé said... (10/30/06 11:25 AM) Reply
Big hit with my boys. Thank you.
mad4sewing said... (10/30/06 11:18 AM) Reply
The coat is fab!! I agree with Seamingly Simple's comment above...they should include a hat pattern too.
Seamingly Simple said... (10/30/06 11:17 AM) Reply
They really should include the hat in the pattern: it's a key part of the costume. Nonetheless, I love how the coat turned out.

HotPatterns HP 1131