Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4112 (Built by Wendy shirt)

Reviewed by:Dr. Alice

Posted on:11/8/06 9:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Ec said... (11/23/06 9:36 PM) Reply
Sooo cute and sassy! I think it's the puff sleeves that make everyone's torso seem 'slimmer' it's a wonderful trick of the eye... but honey, you're slim already!!
*Jessica* said... (11/12/06 3:59 PM) Reply
omg this turned out so cute ! i love it
lmg said... (11/9/06 11:02 PM) Reply
Another great version of this pattern! Love the fabric and your smile says it all!
MelissaB in WA said... (11/9/06 9:49 PM) Reply
Your top is beautiful! I love your DH's comment, he's definitely VERY smart! LOL I think you look fantastic in your top too! :-)
Debbie Cook said... (11/9/06 5:26 PM) Reply
Very cute, and your DH is definitely a keeper!
KiwiWendy said... (11/9/06 4:53 PM) Reply
love this pattern more every time I see it ... and it looks great with different types of fabrics.
AuntieShel said... (11/9/06 3:11 PM) Reply
Love your blouse!! Adorable.
drsue said... (11/9/06 12:48 PM) Reply
What a nice shirt you turned out!! I haven't found this line of patterns inspiring but some of the actually made up items are starting to inspire me.
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (11/9/06 10:45 AM) Reply
This is beautiful.
Mini said... (11/9/06 10:42 AM) Reply
It's funny how this pattern looks so good on everyone who has has reviewed it. This time it's sort of romantic looking-and very flattering. I think it would make a good dress. The trick to lengthening a blouse-to-dress is to get the walking ease right. You could give the dress a bit of an a-line at the side seams, or use side slits or a back seam with a vent. Or, just leave the bottom buttons open for a sexy look:). Comparing a skirt on a finished shirt dress will help establish the hemline width you need for comfortable walking ease.
Erica B. said... (11/9/06 10:40 AM) Reply
love this top... great job!
Karen6790 said... (11/9/06 9:59 AM) Reply
This is adorable. I've looked at this before and thought "cute" but now I think I might need to accumulate the pattern. Beautiful job. And Karla, I think it would make a fine shirtwaist dress.
OP Gal said... (11/9/06 7:40 AM) Reply
You look great in your blouse. Fabulous Job!
CarolynGM said... (11/9/06 7:29 AM) Reply
Another great use of this pattern! Your revised collar looks just fine.
motomoda said... (11/9/06 5:22 AM) Reply
I think it looks great with your 'mandarin' collar! Yu have done agreat job and it looks really good on you. Make some more!!
motomoda said... (11/9/06 5:22 AM) Reply
I think it looks great with your 'mandarin' collar! You have done a great job and it looks really good on you. Make some more!!
Vonnevo said... (11/9/06 4:54 AM) Reply
A lovely blouse and gorgeous you :) I like the front opening and would never have guessed you used some creativeness to remedy a little glitch. Thanks for sharing with us :)
Lori V said... (11/9/06 0:01 AM) Reply
Fantastic looking. Great job.
Stacy Sews said... (11/9/06 0:00 AM) Reply
This pattern is great, I've loved every version that I've seen and yours is no exception. It looks great on you.
hongkongshopper said... (11/8/06 11:50 PM) Reply
You don't look thin - you look gorgeous! Great job. Don't roll hem by hand (you would be there forever!), how about the roll hem foot on your sewing machine?
sewbehind said... (11/8/06 10:33 PM) Reply
I agree with your husband. You look thin. Wonderful shirt. Great job. I may have to pick up that pattern.
Christina Sonja said... (11/8/06 10:33 PM) Reply
Nice fabric. The blouse looks great on you!
Karla Kizer said... (11/8/06 9:26 PM) Reply
Really cute! I think DD would enjoy this one. Need an opinion. Do you think it could be lengthened into a presentable shirtwaist dress?

Sewing Workshop Tosca Dress