Pattern Reviews> Material Things> 108 (Fearless Fitted Jacket & Vest)

Reviewed by:nancy2001

About nancy2001starstarstarstar
Member since: 12/3/05
Posted on:11/9/06 11:10 PM
Last Updated:11/10/06 0:53 AM

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

AnneM said... (11/13/06 1:35 PM) Reply
Nice pattern; I haven't really looked at that line. Glad you did the review. Please update when it is done (with a picture if possible).
nancy2001 said... (11/11/06 11:01 PM) Reply
I'd like to thank all of you for your kind comments. I enjoyed working on the muslin and writing this review (my first), and I hope to update it soon with my report about the real jacket.
Carolyndh said... (11/11/06 7:42 AM) Reply
Nancy, You have a lot of talent and instinctive ability to have just the right knack for how to design, alter pattern pieces and can obviously see the "big picture" well. You are really doing well!
moss said... (11/10/06 11:35 AM) Reply
Oh I get it, thanks so much for the explanation.
Rustybobn said... (11/10/06 8:35 AM) Reply
Can't wait to see the finished jacket! I love the line drawing.
nancy2001 said... (11/10/06 8:30 AM) Reply
Moss, the pattern has a total of eight princss seams. There are four princess seams in the front and four in the back. In the front, there is a princess seam over the bustline and another princess seam about three inches (on the size 2) from the first. The second princess seam belongs to the side panel. Please see the pattern photo at the top of this page for an illustration that clearly shows the seams on the front of this jacket.
carolynw said... (11/10/06 8:08 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a thorough review - hope to see a picture soon!! Kiwi Wendy do post your review as I am likely in the same size range as you and woudl like to know how it fits a larger size person.
moss said... (11/10/06 8:05 AM) Reply
When you say "double" princess seams, do you mean princess seams in the front and the back?
KiwiWendy said... (11/10/06 0:31 AM) Reply
Thank you Nancy, it's just what I needed to know about the pattern. I ordered it yesterday and hope that it's as successfull for me. (I'm closer to the other end of the pattern sizes)
CSM--Carla said... (11/10/06 0:26 AM) Reply
Nancy, this is a very thorough review for a jacket pattern. I have never seen this pattern before. It does look like that it would fit beautifully. Thank you for taking the time to write this. Someday I may be ready to make one! Carla
PVA said... (11/9/06 11:59 PM) Reply
Nancy, I love this pattern, thanks so much for the review! I really appreciate knowing where the difficulties were. I'm really determined to make the vest 1st. It looks like it would be very flattering!
lmg said... (11/9/06 11:25 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern. Thanks for posting sounds very promising. Can't wait to see the finished jacket!
Pattern Work