Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2759 (Twin Set)

Reviewed by:2BSewing

About 2BSewingstarstarstar
VA USA
Member since: 3/7/05
Posted on:11/12/06 1:38 PM
Last Updated:11/24/06 4:36 PM

Other Projects by 2BSewing using this Pattern

memmy said... (11/26/06 6:40 PM) Reply
this is very topical review for me as I am contemplating a twinset but made up with my trust T shirt pattern and using Marcy Tiltons article from Threads of a few years ago. I am considering button loops on mine .Youve inspired me to get going on it.
Susan Dryer said... (11/24/06 8:42 PM) Reply
Very pretty! If I looked anywhere as good in black as you do I would wear it all the time too.
BeckyC said... (11/24/06 7:10 PM) Reply
The knit lace makes up a really pretty cardigan. All of your fabric choices are wonderful for this pattern.
Leslie in Austin said... (11/24/06 6:54 PM) Reply
What a great cardigan!
Helen near Sydney said... (11/14/06 3:40 AM) Reply
Great effort, looks professional.
2BSewing said... (11/13/06 7:55 PM) Reply
Carla, Linda, Ryan's Mom, & Anne...thanks for the complements. Penelope...a year does make a difference and I've had to learn not to get frustrated with a pattern. Just put it aside and try something else. I love working with knits and could sew on it all day. Of course if I had a coverstitch machine...I'm sure my hems would go a lot faster. :)
2BSewing said... (11/13/06 7:49 PM) Reply
Hi Sherril...I don't seem to have a problem with the tank armhole. If the knit is really stretchy...then the armhole becomes larger or pulls down and exposes a bit more flesh than I'm used to. That's why I'll take up/in the shoulder area by 5/8". Otherwise, it's fine with a less stretchy knit.
JDpenelope said... (11/13/06 9:32 AM) Reply
What a difference a year makes. Having the right equipment also helps. But putting together what you have learned sewing knits is the key and you've done it in spades. It's so nice that you've worked out the sizing issues with various knit fabrics. Now you can just sit down and sew.
AnneM said... (11/13/06 9:30 AM) Reply
I particularly like the plaid; it makes a very sharp outfit.
ryan's mom said... (11/13/06 8:46 AM) Reply
Looks beautiful. (As usual! :) )
Danvillegirl said... (11/13/06 5:19 AM) Reply
I like both twinsets. You always make KS patterns look good!
CSM--Carla said... (11/12/06 2:45 PM) Reply
You look great in your twin sets--pulled together and professional, 2BSewing. I have this pattern waiting to be made up. Thanks for the review. Carla
Sherril Miller said... (11/12/06 2:16 PM) Reply
Great fabrics. These turned out wonderfully. I'm inspired to try it in a plaid too. Like other reviewers did you find any problem with the tank armhole?

by: French.Sea...

You Sew Girl 75mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 75mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Simplicity A1738 OOP