Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1700-OOP (Badgley Mischka dress)

Reviewed by:ACB

About ACBstar
FL USA
Member since: 6/10/06
Posted on:11/12/06 3:25 PM
Last Updated:11/12/06 3:33 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
SBanks said... (11/15/06 6:15 PM) Reply
Ooooh! A stunning red dress! I love it! Sorry it gave you so much trouble, in a month you might not remember, so try it again.
ACB said... (11/14/06 5:22 PM) Reply
Thank you ladies, maybe I'll revisit it in a month.
CarolynGM said... (11/13/06 7:59 PM) Reply
I agree with the others -- let it age for a while in your closet, then try it on again. It has such a lovely neckline!
GorgeousFabrics said... (11/13/06 7:42 PM) Reply
Well, it won't help with the gussets, but how about if you made this from a stretch silk lined with stretch charmeuse? I think this is the kind of dress that would look smashing in a stretch. Very va-va-voom.
OP Gal said... (11/13/06 1:45 PM) Reply
It's a gorgeous dress. Love the neckline. I agree, give it a "cool-down" period and try it on a month from now.
AnneM said... (11/13/06 9:48 AM) Reply
That's your lining? I love your lining. Skip the fur - at least for now. Tuck it in the closet and take it out in a month.
ryan's mom said... (11/13/06 8:52 AM) Reply
I'm glad your dress was wearable after all that. It looks nice on the dress form though. I wouldn't have thought you had trouble with it all.
slanden99 said... (11/13/06 8:47 AM) Reply
Pretty dress. sorry it gave you fitting trouble (maybe from using a size 12)
JDoole said... (11/13/06 7:02 AM) Reply
I remember making this dress years ago, before it went out of print. I, too, found it such a nightmare to make (especially the gussets) that, although it looked great on in the end, the trauma ruined the experience of wearing it!
j222b said... (11/12/06 4:51 PM) Reply
Love it. Agree with your furrier something at the cuffs will add drama.
Heatherrique said... (11/12/06 4:51 PM) Reply
Hmmm. I guess looks are deceiving. The dress looks gorgeous! I am so sorry that it did not fit.
LBJ said... (11/12/06 4:36 PM) Reply
ABC you just need to put it away for a week or so and return to it with a fresh perspective. It's a gorgeous dress and I'd bet it looks fabulous on you! Congrats on your perserverance!

More Knits