Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5923 (Simplicity @ Home)

Reviewed by:Deepika

See other patterns in this category: Loungewear    Junior

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Sandra said... (11/20/02 11:12 AM) Reply
Deepika, that top is so cute!
Gigi Louis said... (11/20/02 11:00 AM) Reply
Deeps - I love your top, it's so cute! I thought I recognized that fabric. ;-) I think the neckline is just perfect on you. Geez, I guess I have to pop over to JoAnn's to pick this one up. This top will be cute to wear with my many pairs of Simplicity lounge pants.
Deepika said... (11/20/02 10:06 AM) Reply
Carol thanks! I love that pattern. That was something I was looking for. I think it has neckline binding instructions also. I also have the new KS 3120 which I plan to try soon. But first I need to fix the darts in this pattern.
said... (11/20/02 2:18 AM) Reply
Great top D! You might like Kwik Sew 2874
Click here if you wish to edit your comment
said... (11/20/02 1:33 AM) Reply
I was looking at the Simplicity book the other day (during the pattern sale) and their selection of styles does seem to have improved.
Click here if you wish to edit your comment
Karla Kizer said... (11/19/02 11:31 PM) Reply
Hey, everybody, you're right! This shirt is adorable, and you say it FITS? I'm going to have to take another look at Simplicity, a pattern brand I have ignored for years. I know my DD would love this one, and it would be great with the KS yoga pants I made her. Thanks!
Iris said... (11/19/02 8:20 PM) Reply
I will sew This for my daughter ..I'm sure she'll love it. I think this is a well oportunity to thank you to make this site..It's wonderfull กกกก...I'll buy a digital camera soon and send some reviews, I promise.
Rhonda Noah said... (11/19/02 6:56 PM) Reply
Deepika, so glad you liked the pattern as well as I did. I also wish they would ditch the 5/8 seam, but hey, one improvement at a time perhaps? I used the facings on mine because I wanted the wide top stitching. But I think I will try one without the interfacing, too. And yes, those darts have got to be altered to look right!
Mel.J said... (11/19/02 6:29 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review Deepika. I've got this one on my list after Rhonda's review too & it's always nice to know it worked for others.
Deepika said... (11/19/02 3:59 PM) Reply
Thanks Holly! I enjoy working on the site. Does anyone know of a raglan sleeve pattern with a little higher neck? crew neck maybe...
Holly said... (11/19/02 3:57 PM) Reply
Deepika, I have several Simplicity patterns that I have been hesitant to sew right now due to fitting issues. Perhaps I'll try them. Thanks for a great review. Also, I love the additions you have been making with the web site. You are so talented!
Dale C said... (11/19/02 3:38 PM) Reply
Everytime I see this in the pattern books I think of buying it. It's so cute! You've convinced me. Ooo.. It'll be neat to see what you sew up with a new serger Deepika! I'll bet you're sooo excited.
Deepika said... (11/19/02 11:02 AM) Reply
No Gigi. We went last weekend and the dealer sold the bernina 800DL the day before! I was so disappointed. But I am going there again this weekened. Hopefully I'll get it this time. I can't wait!
Gigi Louis said... (11/19/02 10:39 AM) Reply
What, no serger yet? :-)

More Knits
More Knits

Butterick jean

by: sewnaomi

by: Maribee

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Petite Plus V202 VHS