Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3450 (Misses Tops and Skirt)

Reviewed by:2BSewing

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Holmar said... (8/31/11 6:57 PM) Reply
I love your beautiful top, it looks great on you. Very pretty fabric and it fits you perfectly...well done!
RadarRadiance said... (1/9/10 9:44 PM) Reply
Very cute on you!!!
Nancywin said... (11/24/06 9:33 PM) Reply
Great choice of fabric - I would have never picked this pattern either, but I really like your top. I'll have to look at this one again!
CaraSkates said... (11/16/06 8:22 PM) Reply
I'll probably just make the small. Depending on the bra I get a measurement as small as 36" and I'd like this to be fitted so...I'll start from there! I'm making the skirt too (out of a print velvet, the top will be solid black to be more versitale.). Just have to finish the little sis's matching dress, then I can start mine!
2BSewing said... (11/16/06 7:03 PM) Reply
Hi Clin...wouldn't that be a hoot if our fabric was the same? Oh yeah...the tummy bulges. If I hold in my gut while I'm taking the picture, I guess you guys don't see it. :)
2BSewing said... (11/16/06 6:58 PM) Reply
Hi Leslie in Austin...the answer is yes. Now, don't be sulking. :) CaraSkates...I think you'll be fine with your stretch velvet (definitely w/4-way stretch). You could trace your pattern between a Small and Medium on the side seams and then stitch the 1/4" seam. If it's a bit loose, you can always take the sides in. Just a thought. Also, you might think about adding stay tape or elastic around the neckline if you think you'll need it to support the velvet fabric. I think this would be beautiful in velvet. Now, you got me thinking... :)
JDpenelope said... (11/16/06 6:48 PM) Reply
The black and beige slinky print is lovely, and I really like the v neckline, too. You are right to store your slinky garments flat -- They will last longer that way and won't stretch out. You're inspiring me--I'm going shopping for some print slinky!
CaraSkates said... (11/16/06 5:06 PM) Reply
This is terrific! I need to pick up this pattern to make my Christmas outfit. If the small bust is 36" and I'm about 36.5-37" should I make the size small? I was thinking of making a medium but I would hate for it to be too big. I prefer fitted but not super tight clothes. I will be using a 4way stretch velvet. Any advice?
ACB said... (11/16/06 9:57 AM) Reply
I love it, you look great in it.
AnneM said... (11/16/06 9:14 AM) Reply
What a great fit.
Leslie in Austin said... (11/16/06 8:33 AM) Reply
Never would have looked twice at that pattern based on envelope illustration, but your version is inspiring! Love the fabric. If you tell me that's a G-Street find, I'll just go sulk in the corner.
carolynw said... (11/16/06 8:26 AM) Reply
Just ordered this from PR - should be here today or tomorrow. I swear my fabric is almost identical to yours - will post review. This is weird in a nice way!! Don't know about your tummy bulges - can't see any - so hope it does same for mine
OP Gal said... (11/16/06 8:15 AM) Reply
You look great in your outfit. I don't see any tummy bulges, so the top either does a great job of hiding them or the bulges are smaller than you think.
Danvillegirl said... (11/16/06 5:33 AM) Reply
This looks great on you. I just purchased this pattern and hope mine turns out as nice as this.
Rhoda K said... (11/15/06 11:08 PM) Reply
Love your top and fabric. I'll have to give this top a try. Thanks for a very good review. What tummy bulges??
2BSewing said... (11/15/06 7:24 PM) Reply
(duplicate entry). Ooooops. :)
2BSewing said... (11/15/06 7:23 PM) Reply
Hi Donna H...I just fold the fabric over 3/8" to create a narrow hem and then sew a narrow zig zag around the hem. Personal experience with this v-neck pattern, I don't using any elastic or stabilizer. Also, it depends on the fabric. Since this slinky is drapey and heavy on me, it lays flat. If the neckline was round, I would add elastic to the neckline to hold the shape. I have found 1/4" knitted elastic to work great. :)
Donna H said... (11/15/06 7:16 PM) Reply
All the tops look great. Question: you sew a narrow hem on neck and armhole. How? Clear elastic? Are you just folding under and stitching a narrow hem? Any stabilizer? Thank you!

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Favorite Things Nightie Night Pattern