Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8305 (Vogue Easy Options)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:11/19/06 10:43 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants
ChristineX said... (3/23/07 1:15 PM) Reply
I love this jacket! Great job!
Nancy K said... (3/15/07 10:00 AM) Reply
Nice job I have this pattern but haven't made it yet. I think that it looks like a fun jacket to have . I actually like it tied and wrapped the best. I would never have thought of using rayon lycra for this, but its is perfect for spring.
xstpenguin said... (12/21/06 10:19 AM) Reply
I think it looks great. I admired the pattern in SewToday mag (thought the model they used SO did NOT suit it) but wondered how it would look really. Fab job! Great colour, looks really good on you. I think it suits somebody slim (like you!) or for maternity wear. Anyone carrying some extra weight could end up looking pregnant with the wrap and tie version! ;)
ryansmumAria said... (11/27/06 11:50 PM) Reply
Yes, you're right. The tie thing doesn't really work. Maybe an alteration will clean it up. Otherwise it's great
patsijean said... (11/25/06 12:00 PM) Reply
Nikki, you are correct; the tied in front version is not the best, but the other wearing options look lovely on you.
cathy45 said... (11/24/06 12:39 PM) Reply
What a great review! Love all your demos. This pattern keeps calling to me & your demos show it to be quite versatile. Thank you.
Tiner W said... (11/20/06 4:59 PM) Reply
Oh, dramatic! I'd love wearing a jacket like this. Very speedy sewing!
cindyann said... (11/20/06 12:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric. That is such an interesting jacket. I love that it can be worn so many different ways. Over the shoulder is a looks great.
AnneM said... (11/20/06 10:12 AM) Reply
My fav is the "one side pinned in front", with a close second of the "wrapped around & tied on the side"; that one looks like a top.
seams_sew said... (11/20/06 10:11 AM) Reply
Kool. :) I liked the tied in front one a lot! But it's great whichever way you wear it. And great color on you.
Karen6790 said... (11/20/06 9:25 AM) Reply
Looks good! Great review - I liked seeing all the ways this can be worn. Also liked seeing how that fabric makes up into something - I bought some of the same stuff at Spandex House and it's working its way up the list.
Leslie in Austin said... (11/20/06 9:19 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous fabric and color on you, Nikki. Just as you mention, this style of jacket has been popular in RTW maternity/nursing wear (JWO and Majamas both featured them last winter).
ryan's mom said... (11/20/06 8:46 AM) Reply
Very chic looking! I agree with your tied in front comment, and love the over one shoulder look the best.
BeckyC said... (11/20/06 8:08 AM) Reply
Wow! This is really a versatile jacket as you've shown us and it looks fun to wear. You look great in it.
CarolynGM said... (11/20/06 6:39 AM) Reply
I'm glad to see someone make this up. Very interesting pictures of the various ways to wrap and tie. I like the over the shoulder one too.
Sanibelle said... (11/20/06 5:59 AM) Reply
I love this on you. All of the tied versions are nice, but I esp.like the "over one shoulder" one. It drapes so beautifully.
fuzzygalore said... (11/20/06 1:21 AM) Reply
Oh, I wasn't too enthused about the just-hanging thing, but I love your tie experiments, even like the tied-in-front version. Thanks for pointing out this pattern.
BjP said... (11/19/06 11:31 PM) Reply
Nikki, gorgeous color and I especially like the over one shoulder drape style on you. You look very pretty in this!
ConnieBJ said... (11/19/06 11:29 PM) Reply
Looks great Nikki - I personally like the first view first. Must be a record for sewing up NY fabric!
Heatherrique said... (11/19/06 11:05 PM) Reply
Wow! Definitely a gorgeous jacket! Thanks for the review!

Favorite Things Little Belle Skirts Pattern