Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1003 (Soho Pant)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:11/27/06 9:22 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Patti B said... (11/29/06 9:21 AM) Reply
Thanks all for your comments! I will play with the various adjustments and see what improves the look. I will definitely wear these -- just looking for the zen of pants patterns. clin, ha ha ha; no one has ever said that I might have a flat derriere. DH says that the pants look better than they photographed -- nice, huh?
Debbie Cook said... (11/29/06 7:34 AM) Reply
Patti, these look absolutely great on you! I don't think you need either the FED or the CB. I'm thinking you need to add a wedge adjustment to high hip (front and back) for more sideseam length over the hips. Try wriggling the sides down just a bit at the waist and see what those (slight) wrinkles do. I can't really see the front darts well enough to guess at those.
amberanne said... (11/28/06 4:52 PM) Reply
i have ordered the pattern and cannot wait to try it.
dvazz said... (11/28/06 1:48 PM) Reply
Looks great to me! I hadn't even realized that there was elastic in this pattern; it looks so smooth. Maybe I can buy one to replace my missing Euro pattern.
dvazz said... (11/28/06 1:47 PM) Reply
CarolynGM said... (11/28/06 1:19 PM) Reply
These look great on you. I'm intrigued by this pattern now -- like I need another pants pattern! I'm inclined to agree with Mini's assessment of the back fit.
Luckylibbet said... (11/28/06 11:34 AM) Reply
Hi Patti, I would try the fisheye alteration first - I re-read both "clown butt" and "fisheye" and it looks like fisheye address the more vertical lines while clown butt addresses horizontal bagginess right at the top of the thighs. But frankly - the only people who would ever notice are ultra picky fitting gurus - I think those slacks look great and fit pretty dang well as they are! And they look sooooo comfortable.
Donna H said... (11/28/06 11:12 AM) Reply
I echo everyone else....these are really great looking. I love the color, too. Very pretty! I vote to stay away from the aquarium AND the circus!!
BethKogut said... (11/28/06 9:26 AM) Reply
Handsome pair of pants! Nice to see a wardrobe staple that makes the sewing effort (however easy) worthwhile.
BethKogut said... (11/28/06 9:25 AM) Reply
Mini said... (11/28/06 9:18 AM) Reply
This looks really, really good on you-very classic and flattering. Yes, the back leg on this pattern is too big for many figures. That's typical of an American pants draft. Possible solutions: the afore-mentioned clown butt adjustment, tracing a back leg from a European pattern with a more sculpted backleg (Burda or Neue Mode if you have one), using a smaller size in back, or leaving it alone because nobody else will notice when the front looks this good;).
carolynw said... (11/28/06 8:56 AM) Reply
They look good Patti - I really have no tried and true solution for the back problem you think you have. Perhaps a more drapey fabric ? and tho you say you have "saddlebags" I wonder if you have a flat derriere (ah French) - however, I think you are being too hard on yourself as they look terrific as is!
AnneM said... (11/28/06 8:36 AM) Reply
Very nice, and the slimmer leg is right back in style! I can't help on solving the back-fit, but they certainly are wearable as-is.
Danvillegirl said... (11/28/06 5:11 AM) Reply
Ditto to all the others' comments. They are truly a nice pair of pants. I think you aught to try either Diane's or Debbie's method to make them even better fit, but IMHO these look good.
bunz said... (11/27/06 10:30 PM) Reply
Gosh, you look so happy, Patti! And the pants look great on you;-)
BeckyC said... (11/27/06 10:26 PM) Reply
Patti -- Your pants look great on you! I'm intrigued by this pattern as it has an elastic waist, plus a invisible zipper which makes for a perfect and comfortable fit -- sounds good to me. For your fitting questions, why don't you post it on the boards? I bet you'll get some great pointers.
CSM--Carla said... (11/27/06 10:22 PM) Reply
Patty nice job on these pants!!! This is one of my favorite patterns too!! I automatically do the clown butt RX on all my LH patterns now and they turn out SO well!! This is exactly how the "hind-end" of my pants looked before the fix. Thanks again DianeE for the tip! Thank you for this helpful review, Patty. Carla
Mermie said... (11/27/06 9:44 PM) Reply
Patti, I think they look great! Great job on these pants. I think I'm going to try the same plan. Pick a pants pattern and work on the same pattern until the pants are a perfect fit.
drsue said... (11/27/06 9:38 PM) Reply
They look pretty darn good to me! Great pair of pants.

Understanding Knit Fabrics