Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Posted on:11/29/06 12:53 PM
Last Updated:11/29/06 12:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Janime said... (11/6/08 8:17 AM) Reply
Hi Gails Grandma! The address of the Snuglet instructions was changed. You can find them here: http://www.sissonfamily.com/Sewingroom/images/2006projects/thesnuglet.pdf. I'll update the review in just a mo, and fix the links.
Gails Grandma said... (11/5/08 12:36 PM) Reply
I am so confused.It is my first time here,I wanted to see the pattern for the snuglet but have no idea what to do....anyone help????
ACB said... (12/1/06 3:30 PM) Reply
Looks great!
AnneM said... (11/30/06 7:34 PM) Reply
Looks great. I use a "couch sack" in the winter, which has a similar concept. And thanks for the link to Welmoed's site.
Welmoed Sisson said... (11/30/06 2:57 PM) Reply
Oh wow, I'm so glad this pattern is being enjoyed by so many people!! It's quite an honor! To make the Snuglet for two, you will need to join two widths together. One thing to consider: make two snuglets and have a row of snaps down the "joining edges" of the two. This way they can be used either separately, or snap them together for some fireside cuddling!
patsijean said... (11/30/06 0:55 AM) Reply
I saved the instructions, Thank You. I think this will be perfect for our Daughter-in-law, who feels cold a lot of the time.
moushka said... (11/29/06 5:52 PM) Reply
I remember when Wilmoed posted this to The Creative Machine newsgroup. Thanks for reminding me - I knew I'd seen a pattern somewhere :-) "He wants to know if ya can make Snuglets for two??" Hey, Kanuck, my question exactly, lol! I've had a request from DD for one of these for her and new DH. I'm trying to get my head around how to space the armholes for two people. These are so cute. Sue
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/29/06 5:29 PM) Reply
Hi again!! 'Showed this project to DH... He wants to know if ya can make Snuglets for two??
Janime said... (11/29/06 4:37 PM) Reply
I finished the edges and did it by folding the edge over twice and stitching that down (self-binding?). I'm thinking of trying to miter the corners because they get very thick doing this way.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/29/06 4:27 PM) Reply
Hi Janime! Did you leave the edges plain? (There were several options listed.) Can I be adopted?
j222b said... (11/29/06 2:41 PM) Reply
Thank you for this wonderful & warm pattern.
Sanibelle said... (11/29/06 2:15 PM) Reply
I'd like to be wrapped in one of those right now, too!
Donna H said... (11/29/06 1:44 PM) Reply
Ta Da!! It works. I could see it in the review, but when I clicked on it, it wouldn't come up. Now it does. Looks Great!!! Want one for the office! It's 9 degrees here right now! We're all freezing.
Janime said... (11/29/06 1:44 PM) Reply
Sigh... don't know why that link isn't working for others. So I moved it.
Sanibelle said... (11/29/06 1:40 PM) Reply
It's visible here, but I get the "error 403" message when I click on it. What a great gift idea. Lucky recipients!
Janime said... (11/29/06 1:24 PM) Reply
Donna, are you getting an error with the thumbnail?
Donna H said... (11/29/06 1:12 PM) Reply
I can't bring up your thumbnail. But they look very cozy!!! Enter them in the Holiday Sewing contest.

by: FreyaStark