Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2679 (Sport Jackets for Women)

Reviewed by:SewingSkater

About SewingSkaterstarstar
Member since: 1/5/05
Posted on:11/30/06 8:11 PM
Last Updated:11/30/06 8:11 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

chango said... (3/28/09 7:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, it looks really great on you! I had this pattern in my hand today, but I put it back at the last minute to buy something else, I will go back and buy it, can't wait to try it myself!
Athene said... (6/3/07 2:12 AM) Reply
You look great in this jacket. Thank you for the very helpful review.
AnneM said... (12/6/06 5:00 PM) Reply
Looks perfect in the picture! I'm still laying out my pattern in 2.5 hours! (Ok, I'm exaggerating slightly. But not much.)
milwaukee_kelly said... (12/4/06 1:10 PM) Reply
Great jacket! It looks really cozy and stylish. The shaping is great.
nancy2001 said... (12/2/06 9:00 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket.
BeckyC said... (12/1/06 8:23 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks great on you and looks so comfy. I love the detail of the above bust curved seam. It's good to see you reviewing again.
Erica B. said... (12/1/06 7:35 PM) Reply
great looking jacket.
jnamcd said... (12/1/06 6:16 PM) Reply
hongkongshopper said... (12/1/06 5:30 PM) Reply
Fab jacket!
ACB said... (12/1/06 3:10 PM) Reply
Great job, it looks so detailed!
KarenP said... (12/1/06 2:46 PM) Reply
Wow! Seeing your review makes me want to go out and sew myself a powerstretch sport jacket! Yours looks fantastic.
Debbie Cook said... (12/1/06 1:29 PM) Reply
Great jacket! And so good to see a new review from you Leslie!
Janime said... (12/1/06 1:00 PM) Reply
Cool jacket!
Donna H said... (12/1/06 12:06 PM) Reply
Very cool jacket! Love your fabric choices.
mrspenguin said... (12/1/06 10:35 AM) Reply
Very cozy and feminine looking. Great job!
pterion said... (12/1/06 9:57 AM) Reply
What a terrific looking jacket. The lines on this Jalie style are so much more flattering than the similar KwikSew jacket pattern I just bought. Might have to pick this one up.
suzanrossi said... (12/1/06 9:50 AM) Reply
Very nice! Fits like a dream and very sharp lines. I too find topstitching rather terrifying. I read an article recently that had suggestions - loosening the tension, adjusting pressure foot (lighter). I wasn't using topstitching thread or needle. I had less puckering but puckers were still a problem around curves I noticed. Anybody got suggestions??
slanden99 said... (12/1/06 9:40 AM) Reply
Wow, that's a great jacket. I like the blue/black color combo with the black zippers and thread--looks very professional
Nickle said... (12/1/06 7:18 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket, looks comfy.
squirrellypoo said... (12/1/06 6:53 AM) Reply
Looks great on you! I'm just amazed that fleece can look so stylish! :)
keelyb1 said... (12/1/06 5:01 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket - and 2.5 hours, Wow!
Vonnevo said... (12/1/06 2:17 AM) Reply
Fabulous SewingSkater !!! I too have missed you and your reviews. Thanks for sharing :))
frame said... (11/30/06 11:58 PM) Reply
Great jacket. Beautiful color.
sew obsessed said... (11/30/06 11:43 PM) Reply
Great jacket-great review. It's nice to see you posting again. I have missed reading your reviews. Love the colors on you.
CarolynD said... (11/30/06 11:22 PM) Reply
Very cute and smart looking jacket.
SewingSkater said... (11/30/06 10:31 PM) Reply
Hi Lorna - I'm guessing you could definitely make it with a waterproof outer layer... just size up a bit to account for the loss of stretch. I'm thinking about making this one in Malden's windbloc fabric....
Pyrose said... (11/30/06 10:07 PM) Reply
2.5 hours?! Okay, now I'm jealous! You look marvelous in your jacket. Love the colors. I also need to work on my's downright terrible!
Mrs.Moos said... (11/30/06 10:04 PM) Reply
It is nice to see you posting --haven't seen anything from you lately! Great job on the jacket--but your stuff always turns out great. Those colors are good on you too!
Seamingly Simple said... (11/30/06 10:04 PM) Reply
You said it best: "the look is really sporty." It looks like high-end sportswear. Great job!
Stacy Sews said... (11/30/06 10:00 PM) Reply
I loved this jacket when I first saw it and it looks ever better now that I've seen it made up! Thanks for the review - your jacket looks great.
Stephanie C. said... (11/30/06 9:45 PM) Reply
That looks fabulous! And I learned about a new to me fabric. Thanks.
Lorna C. Newman said... (11/30/06 9:30 PM) Reply
I has missed this pattern ... I may have to pick this one up! I love the lines of this jacket and you did a wonderful job! I wonder if I could make this with a waterproof outer layer ...
Sew4Fun said... (11/30/06 9:02 PM) Reply
Awesome jacket! Finished in 2.5hours - you must sew as fast as you skate. :)
Leslie in Austin said... (11/30/06 8:52 PM) Reply
That looks great, Leslie! Love the color blocking and that cool above bust seam. Can you believe I'm only just now tracing off my jacket pattern and you've already finished yours?! (Actually, there's no surprise in're a speed demon!)
SewingSkater said... (11/30/06 8:32 PM) Reply
crisford- if you dont want to make all the pieces, I definitely think you could put the front 3 pieces together (overlap the seam allowances) and cut as one piece. You wouldn't get the pockets, but it would be quicker and you'd get a fast idea of how it fits.
crisford said... (11/30/06 8:30 PM) Reply
Very nice job on your jacket! I have this pattern waiting on my sewing table. On one hand, I wonder if all the pattern pieces are really necessary, on the other hand, I like all the sporty seams, and nice shaping design. Love the multi-sizing on the Jalie patterns-- I will be making one for my 5-year old daughter first!
CarolynGM said... (11/30/06 8:26 PM) Reply
I'm amazed that you made this in 2.5 hours! It is really cute and definitely not bland.
Carolyndh said... (11/30/06 8:14 PM) Reply