Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5007 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Nikki

It is fabulous!
ryansmumAria said... (12/4/06 11:18 PM) Reply
It is fabulous!
Annika said... (12/4/06 10:38 PM) Reply
I tried this pattern and it turned into a wadder because I too had problems with the bust not working out right. Also, I'm probably the last person on earth who would look good in something so boxy...Yours looks a thousand times better than mine did, but I do agree, there's something funky about the front that needs to be altered.
Katharine in BXL said... (12/4/06 1:39 PM) Reply
I like the other collar version better too--this one seems a trifle cool for fall weather with that open collar. But your trial turned out quite wearable (especially if you don't button it or try driving!)
ACB said... (12/4/06 1:09 PM) Reply
Love your jacket. I think the fabric is great. Great review!
Leslie in Austin said... (12/4/06 11:09 AM) Reply
So excited to see that fabric used for such a cute jacket. I was coveting it, too.
melgosews said... (12/4/06 11:06 AM) Reply
Nikki, great jacket! I think this collar really balances out the hip area. I bet this cord fabric is scrumptious in person. Thanks for the review!
pterion said... (12/4/06 10:08 AM) Reply
This jacket looks terrific. It's a great style and I love the fabric you chose for it.
carolynw said... (12/4/06 9:30 AM) Reply
I like this Nikki - maybe it doesn't fit as you want but it looks really good. Perhaps a 10 is too small in the chest area? I like your review because you and I seem to have the same problem in the bust area (I refer to that as my lacking in development top) and wider hips so to avoid too much fiddling with jackets I usually go for the more boxy type. This one appeals to me.
SouthernStitch said... (12/4/06 9:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review - really cute jacket.
moss said... (12/4/06 8:05 AM) Reply
that jacket looks really cute in the picture. I'm glad to see that fabric used, also, because I had eyed it on fabric mart too. :)
ryan's mom said... (12/4/06 7:16 AM) Reply
Great jacket, Nikki! Thanks for the review too. I'm almost finished with a corduroy wearable muslin (no lining) of this pattern too. Agreeing with your neckline comment although mine was not lined--I had to grade the seam and cover it with same color bias binding handstitched in at the neckline. I can understand how the lining would really show up if it was not a closely matched color with the fashion fabric.
ryan's mom said... (12/4/06 7:15 AM) Reply
Heatherrique said... (12/4/06 1:18 AM) Reply
Definitely a gorgeous jacket. You look fabulous in it!

Colette Patterns 0003