Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7754 (Misses shirts)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:12/4/06 0:08 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
jenniapple said... (4/1/07 1:48 AM) Reply
I looked through many of the projects you've posted on your website and I am really impressed. You are really talented! Thanks for the inspiration!
OP Gal said... (12/5/06 7:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I've looked at this pattern several times and wondered if it was good. Your shirt looks great, BTW.
mClones said... (12/4/06 9:04 PM) Reply
Very nicely made, Nikki. It didn't seem very loose-fitting so I started looking at your photo and the pattern photo more closely and did see the dropped shoulder. This closer examination made me wonder whether the draping from your shoulder to shoulder is caused by the crispness of the material or by the smaller neck. I just picked up some striped cotton shirting too and am inspired.
Nikki said... (12/4/06 2:25 PM) Reply
Haha, I didn't even notice that there were supposed to be shoulder pads, I guess I wasn't really looking at the instructions. No, I didn't use them - why would you want shoulder pads in a shirt of this style? Luckylibbet, I'd say go ahead and try it, maybe in an inexpensive fabric first, and/or with a helpful book like DPC's _Shirtmaking_
Mary Stiefer said... (12/4/06 1:40 PM) Reply
Great looking blouse and looks to fit you beautifully. thanks for the review
Re Becca said... (12/4/06 1:30 PM) Reply
Nice, classic shirt! It looks good on you. You are right, those are some big pockets!
ACB said... (12/4/06 1:07 PM) Reply
I love the classic look, great job.
carolynw said... (12/4/06 9:23 AM) Reply
Nice looking shirt Nikki - another one to add to my stash!! Thanks for such a helpful review.
Luckylibbet said... (12/4/06 9:18 AM) Reply
Great shirt! Would you recommend this pattern to someone who's an experienced sewist, but never has done classic shirts? I'm wondering if I should try this one... I love all the collar variations.
Marji said... (12/4/06 8:58 AM) Reply
Looks like you decided not to put in the shoulder pads? It's amazing that with a pattern for a shirt that is this classic they don't put in a regular placket at the sleeve cuff. great review, thanks
BeckyC said... (12/4/06 8:26 AM) Reply
You look great in this blouse. After the adjustment you want to make it looks like a great pattern to use again and again.
sandrasdaughter said... (12/4/06 7:37 AM) Reply
Nice - a very classic look!
ryan's mom said... (12/4/06 7:09 AM) Reply
Nice blouse, Nikki! It looks like it would be a very versatile wardrobe staple.
CarolynGM said... (12/4/06 6:41 AM) Reply
Well done, Nikki. Looks very professional. Did you omit the shoulder pads? It looks like it in the picture.
jlg said... (12/4/06 5:35 AM) Reply
Very pretty on you Nikki, and it looks beautifully made.

Fehr Trade 000