Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 505 (Swing Shirt)

Reviewed by:annsew65

About annsew65star
Member since: 4/9/02
Posted on:11/24/02 10:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
annsew65 said... (12/24/02 5:41 AM) Reply
Thanks, ladies, for your comments and I'm sorry for the problems with Ofoto. I've never really figured out what my problem has been, but I'm hoping to get things updated after all the Christmas rush and get the picture done through another photo website! Wish me luck. This very unsavvy computer nerd may have help from her grandsons in the next day or two! In the meantime, I love the shirt and it's very comfortable! I used the size medium and because of the style, it fits me!
Mini said... (12/23/02 11:03 PM) Reply
I couldn't see the picture when I clicked on the green button, but when I logged in to my Ofoto account it was there. It's a very flattering shirt, which I didn't expect from the pattern illustration. I like the color too.
Gigi Louis said... (12/23/02 11:31 AM) Reply
Same here, Teri. Ugh! I always have trouble with ofoto. Ann, your shirt sounds very pretty - I'll have to check later to see if I can get into Ofoto.
Tee Jay said... (12/22/02 12:33 PM) Reply
What am I doing wrong, there's an otophoto home page but no pictures?
Cheryl Schwarz said... (11/27/02 11:30 PM) Reply
I made this shirt out of ultrasuede light and love the fit. I did have to re-engineer the sleeves from the elbow down because I didn't realize how tight the forearm fit was. I cut a separate flounce with a slit for the elbows down and get a ton of compliments every time I wear it. I think any fabric with a nice drape would work for this pattern. Stretch is not needed, but be sure that you give youself enough room in the forearm area...cheryl
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (11/26/02 12:29 PM) Reply
Ann, you did a wonderful job, and the shirt looks fabulous on you!
annsew65 said... (11/26/02 4:21 AM) Reply
Thanks, Marita and Karla, for your nice compliments! Karla, I haven't made any plans just yet for the second in this series! I really moved this up in my list of things to make ahead of several others that have been waiting in the wings, if you know what I mean, but I have a cobalt blue slinky that I've been thinking about using "one of these days" that I think would be great! I feel that it definitely needs a fabric with lots of soft, drapey qualities - especially if you aren't pencil-thin, which I'm not!!! Please add your review and picture when your finished with your version! I'd love to see it!
Karla Kizer said... (11/25/02 11:03 PM) Reply
Ann, my Swing Shirt is almost done; only the buttonholes are left to be done. I love this shirt, too. I used a crinkly-textured almost-slinky knit that drapes like yours does. It looks luxurious, but hides a great many "sins". And the hemline is so interesting! A real designer-boutique kind of look....What other fabrics are you considering using for more of these?
Marita Kinnula said... (11/25/02 3:03 PM) Reply
A very beautiful shirt and the color is great, gongrat's Ann!!
annsew65 said... (11/25/02 11:16 AM) Reply
Mary, that's the story of my life! Always another pattern or piece of fabric. My only problem is not enough time to get them all done. When I retire, I'll have plenty of time but no need! I'll just have to make a point of dressing every day and going somewhere!!!
mary barker said... (11/25/02 8:39 AM) Reply
Ann - I have a piece of faux suede that I got from LouiseCutting when we first met at the Chantilly expo 2 years ago that I've been wondering what to do with. It's very soft and drapey - now I know!! Only now I have to buy another pattern ;) -oh well!!
Nan said... (11/24/02 11:47 PM) Reply
Ann, it looks super on you! I guess I'm just going to have to break down and buy it! Nan
annsew65 said... (11/24/02 11:15 PM) Reply
Diane, yes, it would probably work in a woven - but it would probably need to be a very soft, drapey fabric. This is one of those styles that could overwhelm you if it isn't really drapey!
Diane E said... (11/24/02 11:06 PM) Reply
Ann, this is beautiful! How do you think this top will work in a woven? Also thanks for the tip about the Design Plus Tape!

by: Sheila457

Vogue Patterns 9882 OOP

by: FreyaStark

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Liberated Reading Pillow