Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7396 (Today's Fit by Sandra Betzina)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:11/25/02 1:57 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
said... (11/26/02 6:51 PM) Reply
Ann, I really love your NY NY and Burda Combo. It is very beautiful. I have the McCall’s 3091 Pattern too, and I would like to sew the jacket for spring. Could you please write a review about this pattern? I think this would really help me; because I’m not sure about the fabric. Did you make another piece of this pattern? l like the dress, too.
Ann B. said... (11/25/02 10:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Ann. I like this style of dress with a flared hem, but was not mad for the pattern photo. Yours is so bright and pretty, it just sings spring. I aso love the snap idea, and agree with Sandra, if your dress were on the pattern envelope, we all would own a version of this dress.
Nan said... (11/25/02 1:29 PM) Reply
Ann, this looks darling on you (as usual!) Nan
Sandra said... (11/25/02 1:15 PM) Reply
Ann, what a beautiful dress! I agree with Deepika's comment about rethinking the pattern after seeing yours. If yours were on the envelope, I think everybody would get one of these! The button/snaps are a great idea!
Tee Jay said... (11/25/02 10:21 AM) Reply
Ann, It looks great. Does everything thing of yours always come out so fantastic? or are there any wadders (the sewer's skeleton!)in the closet?
Deepika said... (11/25/02 9:36 AM) Reply
Ann, I have to say that when I looked at the Pattern Photo, I did not care for the dress but then I read your review and finally saw your photo... I changed my mind. Your dress is just too lovely. And the color! I love it. Thanks for reviewing a requested review.
Mel.J said... (11/25/02 4:24 AM) Reply
Ann, you always find those unique patterns and make them up beautifully. I love that collar detail - do you think the pattern could be easily converted into a shirt?
Margaret said... (11/25/02 3:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! The dress is beautiful and looks like it fits very well. I think your red shoes look very nice with the green -- that color combination seems somehow very 40s/50s to me which emphasizes the retro details nicely. I enjoy reading your reviews... so many interesting projects!

by: Terri A