Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V8346 (Misses' Coat)

Reviewed by:Planchet

About Planchetstar
Member since: 12/20/06
Posted on:12/20/06 8:43 AM
Last Updated:12/20/06 8:54 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 13 people    Very Helpful by 32 people
abbythomas said... (4/18/11 11:16 PM) Reply
A very lovely and very classy coat! I'd buy that from a department store any day! :)
Hilary said... (10/2/07 10:46 AM) Reply
*beautiful* coat!! I love the fabric and it looks so well done. Thanks for all the tips!
mrs.spaceman said... (6/26/07 1:16 PM) Reply
I have been searching everywhere for a long, floor-length lined coat pattern. Then I found this Vogue pattern, which is exactly what I wanted! I'll have to add some length, but that's not a big deal. I found this site looking for an actual picture of the finished coat. It looks GREAT! I never thought about making it green until I saw your picture. I hope you don't mind if I copy that idea :)
Bine07 said... (3/27/07 4:47 PM) Reply
Your coat looks great! I sewed the same one, funny, I too had a special pattern in mind, just like this, but nowhere to find but then Vogue released this pattern and it was completely what I was looking for. I did not like the snaps as well and made buttonwholes. Used white lambswool /cashmere and the large collar. Great to see someone else made it too and with such a professional look
KerryB said... (2/11/07 5:01 AM) Reply
Planchett, Your coat is gorgeous! I am inspired and have some nice camel colored wool. I am putting on a velvet paisley collar - at least the top portion. I am nervous about the collar. Have my fabric pre-shrunk and ready to go. Thanks so much for your inspiring review.
cakehole said... (12/27/06 6:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat, and I came on here looking for a review of that very pattern, so thank you! Thanks for that fabric source, too.
Ciclista said... (12/22/06 8:47 AM) Reply
I love your coat! I live in Phoenix and although we only have a couple weeks each year when it's cold enough to wear something like this, it's so beautiful I might still invest the time to make one. I too am a huge fan of LORings
AnneM said... (12/22/06 7:59 AM) Reply
Love that coat. Great color, great style, great sewing.
mrspenguin said... (12/21/06 3:05 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful!
Harriet Rogers said... (12/21/06 3:03 PM) Reply
Wonderful-looking coat: color and style are perfect together. Looking forward to many more reviews from you on PR. Enjoy your coat!
Mary Stiefer said... (12/21/06 11:01 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous coat and what an experience for you. It sounds like you have worked your way through all the problems. It's beautiful and the color is one that many people can wear.
Nancywin said... (12/21/06 9:58 AM) Reply
Your coat is lovely and your choice of buttons really give it some punch
JaneH said... (12/21/06 8:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat!!
MissCelie said... (12/21/06 7:30 AM) Reply
This is marvelous!
Danvillegirl said... (12/21/06 5:23 AM) Reply
Nice coat, lovely green fabric!
jnamcd said... (12/20/06 11:43 PM) Reply
I agree with everyone else--this is a great coat! I love the lines of it, and you did a super job--thanks for the review!
OP Gal said... (12/20/06 10:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat. Thanks for the review.
Jan B. said... (12/20/06 9:40 PM) Reply
Lovely! Terrific sewing job.
Lori V said... (12/20/06 9:04 PM) Reply
Very pretty.
Anne S said... (12/20/06 8:30 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat. You did a wonderful job tailoring it.
AnneMarie60 said... (12/20/06 6:43 PM) Reply
Excellent job! Beautiful results, too.
Sew4Fun said... (12/20/06 5:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat!
BeckyC said... (12/20/06 5:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat!
ryan's mom said... (12/20/06 4:55 PM) Reply
Fabulous coat!
Zaneta said... (12/20/06 4:08 PM) Reply
you have done a wonderful job! gorgeous..
milwaukee_kelly said... (12/20/06 2:17 PM) Reply
It's a beautiful coat. Thanks for pointing this one out.
Stacy Sews said... (12/20/06 12:45 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous coat! I love it.
Re Becca said... (12/20/06 12:21 PM) Reply
Very pretty. You will wear this for years
Ann Smith said... (12/20/06 11:52 AM) Reply
Great looking coat. Congratulations and welcome.
meanjean said... (12/20/06 11:47 AM) Reply
Hand-made keyhole buttonholes, wow! Nice job! It's interesting that I saw a few Channel-like jackets in the window of a high-end department store that used those magnetic snaps. They're starting to pop up a lot lately. I like you're choice of doing real buttonholes.
jlg said... (12/20/06 11:23 AM) Reply
Very, very pretty.
Erica B. said... (12/20/06 11:06 AM) Reply
beautiful coat, love the green fabric.
Stephanie C. said... (12/20/06 10:41 AM) Reply
That is simply gorgeous!
Cheryl Reeves said... (12/20/06 10:12 AM) Reply
This is a very beautiful coat. I hope you wear it proudly. My Texas winters are not cold enough to do a project like this.
carolynw said... (12/20/06 10:00 AM) Reply
I looked at this and thought "what a beautiful coat" I know if I bought this in RTW I would pay $$$$. Wonderful job and hand made buttonholes WOW!!
Marji said... (12/20/06 9:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat. Kudos for making the hand done buttonholes - which elevate the whole garment to a diff level. Lovely work.
Rhoda K said... (12/20/06 9:44 AM) Reply
Very informative review and a very good looking coat. Great job!
Nickle said... (12/20/06 9:44 AM) Reply
Your coat is just beautiful, I bet it looks flattering on you. Beautiful fabric too.
Planchet said... (12/20/06 9:43 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for your comments on my first review! Yes, Carolyndh, there is only one pattern piece for the under collar- and your advice of trimming off an eighth of an inch from the under collar is such a good idea- I'll definitely try it next time.
Lorna C. Newman said... (12/20/06 9:13 AM) Reply
What a wonderful first review! And the coat is gorgeous ... just what is needed this time of year! Welcome to Pattern review!
Carolyndh said... (12/20/06 9:12 AM) Reply
Very nice! Your coat looks very professional--love the style and the color. I am wondering--is there a separate under collar pattern piece that is slightly smaller in total area than the upper collar? Following info I learned here on PR, lately I have been trimming off 1/8 inch on the seam allowances of patterns when the under collar is the pattern piece and therefore same size as the upper collar.

by: bsacosta