Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> LaRue Bag (La Rue Bag)

Reviewed by:PhyllisC

Last Updated:12/22/06 12:35 PM
greenolives said... (5/4/07 8:55 PM) Reply

greenolives said... (5/4/07 1:14 PM) Reply

greenolives said... (5/4/07 11:57 AM) Reply
I've read that other people are having issues finding out how to do the round facing? Can anyone help me out with the same?
jean2Lr said... (4/28/07 5:12 PM) Reply
I am making a LaRue bag. I'm having trouble with the binding. How do you make a facing like PhyllisC suggested? I need help. This is for my nurse at my Chemo Clinic and I really want it to look neat and finished. Help! Also, is a zipper really needed? And is the other side sewed all the way to the top or just past the o rings? I am confused.
Nancy K said... (12/31/06 11:47 AM) Reply
How did you treat the outside of the armhole?
Maychi said... (12/24/06 5:43 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! I love it!
Georgene said... (12/23/06 12:11 PM) Reply
Phyllis this is just wonderful. What a great version you have made - love the studs, the tassel, everything!
Leslie Bonner said... (12/22/06 7:26 PM) Reply
Fabulous. So great I might have to make one even though I don't think it would be nearly as great as yours.
Pyrose said... (12/22/06 4:55 PM) Reply
Wow, this bag is awesome! I love the embellishments you added onto there. Wow! Don't know what else to say but....wow!....
Karla Kizer said... (12/22/06 4:39 PM) Reply
Phyllis, it's beautiful. I know you'll get lots of compliments when you carry it.
SansSouci572 said... (12/22/06 3:33 PM) Reply
That is a bag for a diva! The way you laid the studs out and that chain--it seems to have a dynamic energy thing going on, for lack of a better word---purse fung shui?
Heatherrique said... (12/22/06 3:06 PM) Reply
Stunningly groovy bag, Phyllis!
Heatherrique said... (12/22/06 2:14 PM) Reply
Stunningly groovy bag, Phyllis!
marciae said... (12/22/06 1:54 PM) Reply
Great bag - wonderful review.
Tiner W said... (12/22/06 1:50 PM) Reply
Fabulous bag!
AnneM said... (12/22/06 1:01 PM) Reply
Nice bag, congrats on yoru venture into using a new fabric. It's nice to know that this hobby will keep me learning for a long time, since you are still trying new things as well. (I just have more new things to try than you do.)
maiaj said... (12/22/06 12:41 PM) Reply
Beautiful, I would love to see this bag in real life!
ConnieBJ said... (12/22/06 8:18 AM) Reply
Okay that's IT - I have to make this bag - I was holding out but with all the beautiful versions out there - and yours with its wonderful detailing - I'm on the bandwagon!
Marji said... (12/22/06 8:14 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the detail on the construction (more on the diva blog). Absolutely stunning!
Nancy K said... (12/22/06 7:03 AM) Reply
This is fabulous. How many sq. ft do I need to buy to make this? I also would like to know how you did the facing.
Tany said... (12/22/06 5:32 AM) Reply
That's a wonderful version of the La Rue Bag! Thank you for all the tips!
Clareew said... (12/22/06 5:06 AM) Reply
Fabulous bag, the leather looks so soft. Can you explain a bit more about the round facing, I can't quite envisage how it works.
Clareew said... (12/22/06 4:32 AM) Reply
Clareew said... (12/22/06 4:30 AM) Reply
runnerchicki said... (12/22/06 3:00 AM) Reply
Your bag is gorgeous!
PVA said... (12/22/06 1:22 AM) Reply
A great result, Phyllis -- I like your idea of a facing instead of the round binding. Your embellishments are wonderful! Thanks for the review.
krystalkaes said... (12/21/06 10:16 PM) Reply
Ahhh. . .love it! Beautiful.
Sharon M said... (12/21/06 10:03 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love it!
Chris Kelly said... (12/21/06 9:51 PM) Reply
Just stunning! I love the whole look! Thank you for the great review...I need to download this pattern.
Leslie in Austin said... (12/21/06 9:08 PM) Reply
Love it!! Your embellishments are fabulous-o. Brilliant idea to put a bead topper on the tassel.
GorgeousFabrics said... (12/21/06 8:59 PM) Reply
Phyllis, your bag turned out just wonderful. In fact, I think I like it best of all the versions, including mine. I love all your embellishments!

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

You Sew Girl Baguette Pattern