Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Lazy Girl Designs> 107 (Towne Purse)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:12/22/06 9:15 PM
Last Updated:12/22/06 9:15 PM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Dixie from MN said... (2/28/09 9:08 AM) Reply
I loved this pattern and have made several bags. Some have several changed.
angelbell said... (1/14/09 8:37 PM) Reply
I have made about 4 of these Towne Purses for myself and 2 more for friends and I love the pattern. I made a shoulder strap on mine instead of the short handles and I agree it was very hard to stitch the final part together.
Sew Little Thyme said... (12/23/06 8:05 AM) Reply
I love you fabric choices. I too have a hard time with the thick layers when I made mine, but I like the bag so will probably make another one as well. Good job on yours! I am sure that she will be thrilled!
PattiK said... (12/23/06 0:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have been putting off making this purse but I see how great looking it is. I may use regular fusable rather than fleece because of the thick layers. Fleece adds to the weight of the bag which makes the bag useless to me.
BeckyC said... (12/22/06 11:00 PM) Reply
Cute purse! I really like your choice of fabrics for this purse! Your son's girlfriend should love it. I know what you mean about seeing the seam at the bottom of the purse. When I made my Towne Purse I took plastic canvas and cut it just about 1/4" shorter on the length and width of the bottom of the purse and then glued a piece of the lining fabric to it. It made the bottom of the purse sturdier and also made the inside look neater.

by: mhoutz