Pattern Reviews> Butterick> B4659

Posted on:12/22/06 11:42 PM
Last Updated:12/22/06 11:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Frogstitcher said... (1/9/07 1:36 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and I'm currently working on it. My fit muslin showed me that the shoulder length is somewhat longer than the envelope pictue indicates. Thanks for reviewing this - it's given me a good start basis. You should be very proud of your first garment in decades.
AnneM said... (1/3/07 4:42 PM) Reply
Pretty top, nice looking collar. This looks very nice on you. Congrats on your 1st garment in a while.
tweedcurtain said... (12/30/06 9:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I have this pattern and requested a review of it. It is a style I find very flattering, but have not tried to sew yet. i am going to pull it out and take a careful look at the corner issue. With the letter B in front of the pattern number in your title, B4659, the PR search system is not able to connect the review with the request. I think the preference is to leave the Bs and Vs out of pattern numbers.
Lhan said... (12/30/06 1:30 AM) Reply
I think you are very brave to start back into sewing with a revered princess line shirt - among my less favorite things to sew. The lines suit you, and I relate very much to your comments about changes to the body shape. Like you I used to sew to the pattern, and have not quite adapted fully to the changes in fit I need to pay attention to. Is the fabric resistant to pressing? I thought if not, it might look even better with a really thorough pressing of all those lines of sewing. I also suspect that the shoulder line is low on you - the pattern looks as though the seam should be on the point of the shoulder, although the drawings are inconsistent. An adjustment here might improve fit in your subsequent, no doubt many, shirts! Cheers.
Kathi R said... (12/23/06 11:50 AM) Reply
Nice job on your first project, sounds like you are on your way to pefecting patterns for a new wardrobe --- we are looking forward to many more reviews.
Sharon M said... (12/23/06 11:14 AM) Reply
Welcome back to sewing and congrats on your first review. This blouse does have nice lines to it with the princess seaming and the curved hemline.
KempCorr said... (12/23/06 10:39 AM) Reply
Very nice. It look good on you. I've been looking for something like this.
slanden99 said... (12/23/06 9:56 AM) Reply
Great job getting out of a very long sewing slump. I've been wanting to try this pattern too. I like the collar on it.
ryan's mom said... (12/23/06 9:35 AM) Reply
I love the style of this pattern--princess seams and curved hemline especially! Your top looks so nice on you!
carolynw said... (12/23/06 8:23 AM) Reply
Looks good - congrats on your first review. Obviously you do remember a lot from your former sewing days!!
PattyU said... (12/23/06 7:47 AM) Reply
I love your shirt. I think it looks very classic, and would be great to wear to a variety of places.
Helen near Sydney said... (12/23/06 2:33 AM) Reply
Oddstray, I think your shirt looks beautiful, you've obviously remembered a thing or two to get it to turn out so well. I like the fabric choice for this project, it almost has a vintage look to it Did you topstitch the collar?

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS