Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2923 (DKNY Coordinates)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:1/3/07 10:57 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants

Other Projects by Erica B. using this Pattern

SewPie said... (3/21/09 10:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful, you have so much style and you look gorgeous.
Nancy Anne said... (8/21/08 9:41 AM) Reply
Okay, THAT is a sexy jacket!
LiZ said... (2/10/07 2:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket.
KrystalL said... (2/9/07 11:51 AM) Reply
This jacket is absolutely fab! I've been meaning to comment on it, but I'm just now doing so. It's amazing how one's fabric choice can either make or break a project. Very inspirational. Just love it!
SewTwin said... (1/22/07 3:49 AM) Reply
Lady, you have the nerve, and talent. To quote another-- "Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You inspire me. When I grow up I want to be a sewing diva too!"..I second the motion!!..What needle di you use for the fabric?
kim*brown said... (1/5/07 7:54 PM) Reply
So funny, I'm looking for fabric to make this jacket. I've already found the fabric for the tank, and I used this same PVC to make a handbag! Looks great!
Avril said... (1/5/07 9:25 AM) Reply
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You inspire me. When I grow up I want to be a sewing diva too.
Doris W. in TN said... (1/5/07 9:20 AM) Reply
You MADE this??? OMG it is awesome. You are awesome.
Cheryl Reeves said... (1/5/07 0:44 AM) Reply
Very lovely.
Karen6790 said... (1/4/07 10:43 PM) Reply
Erica, if THIS was your vision, then denim and gabardine definitely wouldn't have cut it. You made a fabulous jacket, and it looks great on you.
nancy2001 said... (1/4/07 10:02 PM) Reply
I think even Donna Karan herself would love your gorgeous jacket.
Sharon M said... (1/4/07 7:07 PM) Reply
Wow! Wow! Wow! So much better than the envelope cover. Absolutely LOVE it!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (1/4/07 6:40 PM) Reply
Fabulous style - impeccable detail combined with smashing overall 'vision'.
ACB said... (1/4/07 4:25 PM) Reply
Girl you are smokin.....................The jacket is the bomb, love it down to the boots! Great job!
blue mooney said... (1/4/07 3:08 PM) Reply
Another winner from Erica! Keep DARING-TO-BE-DIFFERENT!
cindy-lou said... (1/4/07 2:27 PM) Reply
Great fabric choice! I just love it. Thanks for keeping a beginner inspired to push the envelope!
CarolynGM said... (1/4/07 1:47 PM) Reply
What an inspired fabric choice for this pattern. I want to go make one right now!!
Linda E. said... (1/4/07 1:04 PM) Reply
wow.. the is great I want one now and know where I can get some fabric like this. beautiful...........
ChristlMC said... (1/4/07 12:54 PM) Reply
I love your reviews and your fabulous sense of style! Thanks for the inspiration.
AuntieShel said... (1/4/07 12:48 PM) Reply
OMG, absolutely fabulous. I'm so glad you followed your instinct. You've inspired me.
Puddin Pop said... (1/4/07 10:50 AM) Reply
Love this jacket in this fabric, Ms. DARE-TO-BE-DIFFERENT. You have done it, yet again. Who is your photographer. The picture of you sitting on the rock is awesome.
Ciclista said... (1/4/07 10:42 AM) Reply
I love your jacket - in fact I love everything you make. You are such a great inspiration; humor, talent and style. Any chance I can get you to move to Phoenix :)
Kim Winson said... (1/4/07 10:24 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! I just bought this pattern for the jacket and the top. Thanks for the pictures!
Stacy Sews said... (1/4/07 10:15 AM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous!
krystalkaes said... (1/4/07 10:09 AM) Reply
Ubercute as usual!
LBJ said... (1/4/07 9:58 AM) Reply
Your jacket is almost as gorgeous as you are! Thanks for sharing!
kv said... (1/4/07 9:39 AM) Reply
You Sew Girl!
Elaray said... (1/4/07 9:38 AM) Reply
Very inspiring! When I first saw the pic I said "She made a LEATHER JACKET?!?!?" Great job!
Charlene McGill said... (1/4/07 8:45 AM) Reply
Excellent job again! Both you and Debbie Cook inspires me. Thanks for sharing.
BeckyC said... (1/4/07 8:21 AM) Reply
Wow! Your jacket looks fabulous on you! Thanks for thinking outside the box and showing us that we can get striking results just following our instincts!
Debbie Cook said... (1/4/07 8:12 AM) Reply
I love this in so many ways ... style, fabrication, colors on you, fit, unique, the list goes on and on!
Kath in ON said... (1/4/07 8:03 AM) Reply
You rock!
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/4/07 7:58 AM) Reply
Dare to be different, girl! You go!!! I love your nubuck version. It's so much more chic than the original fabric recommendations!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/4/07 7:52 AM) Reply
Your creations are always impressive, but you have even surpassed yourself this time. Incredible jacket--and you wear it so well!
Tiner W said... (1/4/07 7:41 AM) Reply
Amazing! I would never have thought of pairing that fabric with that pattern, but, wow!
PattyU said... (1/4/07 6:29 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful. it looks so great on you.
Tany said... (1/4/07 3:53 AM) Reply
Your interpretation of this pattern is fabulous!
ladybegood said... (1/4/07 2:23 AM) Reply
I am always impressed by your creations, but this by far takes the cake... I am utterly in awe!
touran said... (1/4/07 1:48 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. This one's been on my radar for a while and you've done a great job of inspiring me to actually make it.
Vonnevo said... (1/4/07 1:07 AM) Reply
Erica, you and your jacket look fabulous :))
Hilary said... (1/4/07 0:56 AM) Reply
That is just GORGEOUS!! I love it, I just bought this pattern, too- I wouldn't have thought to make it in this type of fabric, and it is fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration, you look great in it!
Leslie Bonner said... (1/4/07 0:22 AM) Reply
So much better than the dull photo on the pattern envelope. You have such great style.
pterion said... (1/3/07 11:55 PM) Reply
Smashing, as usual!
FuzzyNavelPeach said... (1/3/07 11:49 PM) Reply
I would have never thought to use that fabric for this pattern. Looks fantastic! I love your style. Very well done.
Lori V said... (1/3/07 11:36 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket, Erica, you have such wonderful style.
mastdenman said... (1/3/07 11:23 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket.
Riordan said... (1/3/07 11:18 PM) Reply
Cute as can be!! And you are a knockout!
hongkongshopper said... (1/3/07 11:14 PM) Reply
What a great look! And great start to the year :)
Sherril Miller said... (1/3/07 11:11 PM) Reply
Great jacket. Your fabric is perfect.
Leslie in Austin said... (1/3/07 11:10 PM) Reply
*gasp*! That is so beautiful! I'm totally in awe. I know where to find that fabric and you, dear, are not helping my fabric diet.
Sew4Fun said... (1/3/07 11:06 PM) Reply
WOW, knock me over! That is one sensational jacket, Erica.
Heatherrique said... (1/3/07 11:02 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh, Erica, this is so groovylicious! You definitely made me take another look at the pattern envelope, which was easy to overlook! Yours is so.....much better! Have you thought of designing? DK** pales in comparision to you!

by: Jonni Ange...

Vogue Patterns V8885

by: Quickie

Shapes Three Fold Vest Pattern

Shapes Three Fold Vest Pattern

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)