Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3990 (Khaliah Ali Collection)

Reviewed by:JenniferBee

About JenniferBeestar
Member since: 10/3/03
Posted on:1/5/07 11:26 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Plus
theresaS said... (5/13/08 2:17 PM) Reply
It's interesting to read were you've departed from the instructions, it looks a good fit.
Patti B said... (10/28/07 3:21 PM) Reply
Excellent and very helpful review. The blouse is lovely and I'm sure your DD has worn it frequently.
Kathi R said... (6/16/07 1:16 PM) Reply
Thank you for the informative review....the pictures are very helpful. I have this pattern in my stash and have offered to make it for a friend who normally needs an FBA.
Kathi R said... (1/14/07 6:56 PM) Reply
thanks for all the details --- I'm just getting started on this pattern .... hope I'm as lucky as you on getting such a good fit.
JenniferBee said... (1/7/07 3:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for pointing out the photo problem Debbie, I did notice it, but was soooo tired I left it to fix later, (which hasn't come yet!)
AnitaJ said... (1/7/07 6:47 AM) Reply
Very nice looking top! Thanks for the pics detailing your steps!
Debbie Cook said... (1/6/07 2:47 AM) Reply
I just noticed that the main photo isn't linked correctly. You've got it under the Pattern Photo instead of Finished Garment, so it doesn't get the little camera icon in the big list of reviews and some readers may skip over it. Just thought I'd point that out. :-)
Debbie Cook said... (1/6/07 2:37 AM) Reply
It's looking great! Read my ETA comments at the bottom of my review for the other view -- in the end, my alterations were not as complicated as my muslin trials. I wear my blouse a LOT so I'm thinking of making it again and even trying this view.
Sherril Miller said... (1/6/07 2:06 AM) Reply
Great shirt. The fit really is wonderful with not alterations. I think it needs a sloping shoulder alteration, then the fit will be spot-on. I was unhappy with my trials of the other view, like Debbie. You've encouraged me to try the button-up version. Thanks for your review.
Vonnevo said... (1/6/07 0:47 AM) Reply
Lovely shirt, lucky DD !! How wonderful to find a pattern that needs so few alterations. Thanks for an excellent review Jennifer :)
Ody said... (1/5/07 11:59 PM) Reply
The blouse looks great so far. I will be interested in seeing the pictures of your dd wearing the final product. Thank you for all the indepth pictures is this review.

by: Sheila457