Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2872 (Anne Klein Skirt)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

Last Updated:1/6/07 2:22 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people

Sweater knit fabrics

cindy-lou said... (2/4/07 6:46 PM) Reply
What intricate detail! This plus the skirt make a beautiful set-- worth the work of the muslin and the pain of the iron shrinking the fabric. Enjoy!
hongkongshopper said... (2/4/07 6:39 PM) Reply
Kay, I missed this review before - great skirt! It is very classy and goes great with the jacket.
Ciclista said... (1/7/07 10:48 PM) Reply
Thank you for a great and thorough review. This will help a lot of us when we run into similar issues with a pointy yoke.
PsychedOnSewing said... (1/7/07 12:29 PM) Reply
Kay, your skirt is absolutely beautiful. I love the way the fine stripe of the fabric enhances the graceful line of the design without competing with it. Let's hear it for the stash! I'll definitely take your advice about eliminating the yoke facing and shortening overall. Chris
pt6356 said... (1/7/07 9:38 AM) Reply
I always look forward to your reviews. My DD is an L2 at DePaul Law and is requesting skirts and other basics to begin building her career wardrobe. Thanks for the detailed review.
AnneM said... (1/7/07 9:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt, lovely fabric. And good info on the length; I'm relatively short.
blue mooney said... (1/7/07 8:35 AM) Reply
simply elegant!
Danvillegirl said... (1/7/07 7:25 AM) Reply
Great looking skirt. Love the yoke. You did a great job with it with lack of support from instructions.
DoggyGirl said... (1/6/07 10:49 PM) Reply
That is a great looking skirt! I love the total look of it - very 1930's (of which I'm a big fan). Thanks for the good review - now I'm going to have to get this pattern!
dorothyn said... (1/6/07 10:43 PM) Reply
Wow, really nice,precise work on all of those insets. Don't you just hate it that with all of the money we pay for these patterns, that they can't even give us decent instructions? I agree that it should be described as flared, not a-line. Neat professional (both construction and the look) addition to your wardrobe.
Vonnevo said... (1/6/07 8:41 PM) Reply
Fabulous as always Kay :))
Lhan said... (1/6/07 7:50 PM) Reply
This is stunning Kay - I would be very proud of this had I made such a beautiful job of this skirt. It looks great, and unusual, and will be a stayer. Very useful review - thank you so much for the pointers about pointy bits! Cheers.
AnneMarie60 said... (1/6/07 7:28 PM) Reply
Your skirt is very flattering on you. Your stash fabric works perfectly with this pattern.
Sharon M said... (1/6/07 7:12 PM) Reply
I missed it completely as I only noticed the buttoned up jacket. I especially like the shaped yoke. This is a great looking skirt on you.
Re Becca said... (1/6/07 5:27 PM) Reply
Wow, nice points!
lmg said... (1/6/07 5:16 PM) Reply
Wow, very elegant.
CarolynGM said... (1/6/07 5:13 PM) Reply
Wow! This skirt is impeccably constructed and looks very graceful on you. Your instructions for the pointy area are very helpful.
Sew4Fun said... (1/6/07 5:07 PM) Reply
Nice skirt.
Marita Kinnula said... (1/6/07 3:58 PM) Reply
Very nice!!!!
Soliel said... (1/6/07 3:52 PM) Reply
I don't think you need us to tell you it's a sleek skirt and it looks like you did an excellent job. Nice fit, everything!
rivergum said... (1/6/07 3:18 PM) Reply
Wow, this looks so professional!
touran said... (1/6/07 3:03 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt. This has been a favorite of mine for a while. Thanks for the great review.
KarmenG said... (1/6/07 2:49 PM) Reply
Very Elegant! Nice job. Thanks for the reminder about how to do those points.

StyleArc Monica Pant