Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6100

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

dewmound said... (10/25/04 12:51 PM) Reply
This pattern pic is no longer available. Can it be attached to this review so that members can preview? Thanks.
PamJr said... (12/9/02 1:10 PM) Reply
Oh, now the picture is there. It wasn't there on the edit page that came up. I'm not real computer literate!
PamJr said... (12/9/02 1:08 PM) Reply
I just tried again to add the pattern photo and must still be doing something wrong. I just copied the website address, but it isn't accepted. Any suggestions? Still no word from Deepika on this.
Debbie Spriggs said... (12/8/02 4:56 PM) Reply
Thanks Pam, this one just went into my wish list. I can't wait to make it.
Everyday Sewist said... (12/7/02 10:19 PM) Reply
All I can think of is to try a different login name for the message boards. But the best thing probably is to tell all that to Deepika. I've had similar problems with the message boards before, but not recently.
PamJr said... (12/7/02 10:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for the info re the Message Boards. Unfortunately I am never allowed to post there. I am told I am not logged on. When I try to log on, I am told they don't have a member by my name. When I try to apply to become a member (AGAIN!), I am told someone is already registered in my name. I have posted there before. So I give up! Anyone have any suggestions? Debbie, the pattern calls for fleece or double faced fleece for the jacket. I like the jacket too. You could probably use a zipper, but you'd have to adjust the size of the front edges, and that would affect the hood too.
AnneM said... (12/7/02 2:00 PM) Reply
In case you didn't notice it: the link to the message boards is on the top left of this page. You will find the "threads", or forums, that Betty mentions there. I also like many of the New Look designs, although I have not made any yet.
Debbie Spriggs said... (12/7/02 1:38 PM) Reply
Hi Pam, I checked out the pattern photo--very cute jacket! would love to be able to see yours, it sounds very pretty. I am particularly intersested in the lining of this jacket-- would it be suitable for a heavier lining or something a bit bulkier like thinsulate? I live near Chicago, and get tired of wearing the same heavy jacket all winter (and winter is long here). Would it work to add a Zipper down the front?
Patricia M said... (12/7/02 1:18 AM) Reply
Pam, thanks for the review. I have this pattern and have been thinking of whipping it up. Maybe I'll change the pockets per your recommendation.
Everyday Sewist said... (12/7/02 0:13 AM) Reply
Pam, I'm sure Deepika will provide a good answer for you. For future reference there is a lot of good information in the FAQ. Also, there is a section called "Computers Aargh" and another called "Newbie Forum" in the Message Boards area of the web site. Hope that helps! I think you can get direct URLs to pattern cover photos for New Look patterns from the Simplicity web site at . It helps to have a direct link to the pattern picture rather than a link to a search page, if you can find a URL that works (sometimes the pattern web sites are hard to link to.)