Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6582 (60's Retro Dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:1/8/07 9:45 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 17 people

nicegirl said... (3/29/08 8:30 AM) Reply
Hee yellowzeppelin! I love shoes. Those were one of my Ross finds. You have to dig but they have the greatest shoes. They are Dollhouse brand and I'm sure long out of season but they are adorable and Dollhouse has really cute (if not really comfortable) shoes.
Yellow Zeppelin said... (3/23/08 12:28 PM) Reply
Great review and a gorgeous result! Now all I want to know is where did you get *those shoes*!
KitnRose said... (3/2/08 10:32 PM) Reply
That dress is so wonderfully YOU! Beautiful, beautiful job on it! Great job!
belleepoque said... (3/23/07 11:12 AM) Reply
i so agree with your review. i wanted to love this dress so much, but the neckline is "eh" and too complicated for how it turns out, and the armsyce is super tight for how oversized the bodice is. anyway, great review, i wish I'd read it before I bought the pattern! all of that said you fixed it up beautifully and your dress looks great on you!
AnneM said... (2/26/07 1:01 PM) Reply
Very cute, and great fabric. I like the neckline; the cross-over does take it beyond a regular v-neck. (I'm not about to wear those 'required' undergarments either.)
Modiste Madness said... (2/2/07 9:36 AM) Reply
Absolutely charming!
dressaday said... (2/1/07 9:57 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! You did a great job!
Sewbe said... (1/23/07 6:59 PM) Reply
That dress is gorgeous and on you too. Thanks for the inspiration!!
ChristineX said... (1/12/07 4:30 PM) Reply
That fabric is amazing! I like the dress too--I am short so I would have had to shorten it too.
Ciclista said... (1/10/07 10:35 PM) Reply
Jane S said... (1/9/07 7:42 PM) Reply
You look wonderful in this dress. Sucha good review of your process. Congrats for sticking with it.
Karen6790 said... (1/9/07 6:38 PM) Reply
The fabric is fabulous, and you're right, almost anything would have looked good made out of that. But this is a dress I would totally buy in a vintage shop, if only I could get it to fit me. Beautiful job. It looks great on you.
BeckyC said... (1/9/07 8:14 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress on you! It's too bad that the pattern's design elements didn't show up once sewn up, but you got such lovely results. It looks fun to wear too!
SBanks said... (1/9/07 4:55 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Such a beautiful dress for all the trouble!
Em's Summer said... (1/9/07 3:03 AM) Reply
I'm sorry you weren't absolutely over the moon about this pattern! I think your dress looks wonderful and I love your accessories! I've made this style for myself, too, several times in both the sheath and the bouffant styles. I love this style!
krystalkaes said... (1/9/07 0:55 AM) Reply
Cute! Cute! Cute!
carolw said... (1/8/07 9:17 PM) Reply
Unbelievably cute, you look stunning in this gorgeous dress.
Vonnevo said... (1/8/07 8:24 PM) Reply
Spectacular, cute, gorgeous -every word in the dictionary. A beautiful interpretation of the pattern style with wonderful results. Thanks for sharing with us :)))
Heatherrique said... (1/8/07 7:55 PM) Reply
Ah! What a stunningly glamourous dress! Watch out Charlize Theron! You got some competition on the red carpet!
CarolynGM said... (1/8/07 5:45 PM) Reply
Great save on this dress. I admire your resourcefulness in making it work. It is beautiful on you.
jnamcd said... (1/8/07 5:42 PM) Reply
Great dress--the color looks awesome on you!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/8/07 4:29 PM) Reply
You are more brave than I am to do all of that overlapping and slashing, but you evidently know what you're doing! Great results.
Tiner W said... (1/8/07 4:20 PM) Reply
You look amazing in this! Beautiful!
milwaukee_kelly said... (1/8/07 3:52 PM) Reply
What a frock! Nice work.
BettyMike said... (1/8/07 3:41 PM) Reply
You look adorable in this dress!
Ann Smith said... (1/8/07 12:57 PM) Reply
Wonderful. I love all your additions.... tulle, pin, petticoat, and mostly your alterations to make it work. Terrific.
krinn said... (1/8/07 12:51 PM) Reply
wow, great job! Sorry to hear you had so many problems, but you sure pulled it off in the end!
frame said... (1/8/07 12:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. You look very pretty.
CarolynD said... (1/8/07 12:11 PM) Reply
Fab dress, it is spectacular!
LBJ said... (1/8/07 11:52 AM) Reply
Very pretty! You look like a princess!
BeckyW said... (1/8/07 11:21 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress!!! I have that pattern too. I need to move it up on my list of things to sew.
Leslie in Austin said... (1/8/07 10:57 AM) Reply
Very cute! Congrats on overcoming the fit and design issues. The tulle overskirt is a fun little addition, and that pin at the waist!! Love it!!
ryan's mom said... (1/8/07 10:39 AM) Reply
Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! You look terrific in this dress! I don't understand that bias back either and consider myself forewarned when I make this dress. You have such a cute figure for this dress with a nice, small waist. I'll have to make the other view because of my rectangle figure.
Kim Winson said... (1/8/07 9:58 AM) Reply
I agree...the fabric totally makes the dress. I am also a member of the IBTC club and I own this pattern. I've held off on making it because of the reviews stating that one really needs an hourglass figure or the proper undergarments to pull off the silhouette that's on the pattern envelope. Thanks for the excellent review!