Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8158

Posted on:1/12/07 9:55 PM
Last Updated:1/12/07 10:14 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

SillyValley said... (7/24/07 3:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review, especially the bit about it being flattering despite all the bulk at the side seams and with the drape. You are right - I'm very curvy in the hip and I think the style is quite flattering. You inspired me to make one for myself :)
JenniferBee said... (1/14/07 2:59 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt Linda, I like your fabric choice as well and I agree make the evening version, you will get to wear it!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/13/07 8:13 PM) Reply
Again, you've chosen a most beautiful piece of fabric. Good job and excellent review, as always.
crisford said... (1/13/07 5:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt, very nice job and thank you for your very thoughtful review! I agree with "sew the dress and the occasion will come." I have never heard anyone say that before but it's brilliant!
Luckylibbet said... (1/13/07 12:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Yes, we all passed on that pattern for the reason you cited, and now boo hoo. Loved your wonderfully detailed review.
cecelia said... (1/13/07 10:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt and fabric--you did a nice job.
carolynw said... (1/13/07 9:36 AM) Reply
This is just lovely - looks great on you and I am in love with the fabric. I would certainly not have given this pattern a second look for all the reasons that initially put you off but now that I see it on you I am sorry I didn't get it - I think it can still be ordered from Vogue aas an OOP. Great review
Marji said... (1/13/07 9:30 AM) Reply
You have been busy! This is a pattern I totally overlooked. Like what you've done with it and the way it looks on you.
quilter55 said... (1/13/07 8:26 AM) Reply
What a great fabric to show off the unusual lines of your skirt! It is both funky and elegant and what a nice detailed. Thanks.
Tany said... (1/13/07 5:27 AM) Reply
Oh, that is so beautiful! You did a good job and a great review!
Ann Smith said... (1/13/07 2:01 AM) Reply
Very cool. I totally missed this pattern in the catalog. Your choice of fabric is wonderful.
krystalkaes said... (1/13/07 0:48 AM) Reply
:-) Cute. I am a bit jealous of your bare feet. Thank you for the review.
echolalia said... (1/12/07 10:07 PM) Reply
Go ahead Lhan - the occasion will arise when you least expect it. Maybe an alumni ball, University Foundation dinner??? You know, those functions that you never consider because you have nothing to wear!! This is a great review - I think that silk satin would be lovely, it drapes beautifully and would certainly suit the more column shape of view C. Great job with the cotton, I probably would have dismissed it as 'nah, it wouldn't work'. It suits you.
Ody said... (1/12/07 10:06 PM) Reply
Lhan, you can tell it is summer there--such a refreshing skirt. I like the way you took a more formal pattern and used it in a more informal manner. In your bare feet you look like you are ready to run off to a picnic. Lovely fabric and you did a nice job. Nice detail at the top.
The Technique of Underlining Garments