Pattern Reviews> Other> SewkeysE (Georgie Girl)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:1/14/07 9:43 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Nancy Peters said... (6/5/07 4:27 PM) Reply
just wanted to add Emma's website. You can't order yet from what I see but it gives us a start. www.emmaseabrooke.com
Nancy Peters said... (6/4/07 5:01 PM) Reply
Address for Orgami Top called "magic square top" at DIY http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_clothing/article/0,,DIY_13751_2370462,00.html The pattern, no doubt, has much better instructions but it is made out of squares of fabric. I have made it twice and really like how it looks. I think I will buy the pattern for the better instructions. She has great products too. NAYY Now I am going to buy her patterns. Thanks for the reviews!
SewTwin said... (1/28/07 6:38 PM) Reply
I have several of her patterns. I will keep in mind since I am about an RTW 8 in the top.I took a class from her about 2 weeks ago in San Antonio on the Origami Top.Will post when I sew it up. She said then her daughter-in-law is handling her setting up website.She and hubby are usually on the road.Be patient for her email replies. I have found great slinky fabric pieces in her clearance box at her booth.Also she carries the "good" clear elastic, industry style fusible tapes, and Kai scissors for not much markup.She is a very sweet and knowledgeable person.
Sherril Miller said... (1/24/07 6:37 PM) Reply
I want one too. I just e-mailed her at Email-sewkeyse@bellsouth.net. I hope she responds. I really like your t-shirt. Can you scan or photograph the envelope cover so I can see what else is in the envelope?
SouthernStitch said... (1/24/07 11:35 AM) Reply
Oh I want to try one of these. Yours look fabulous.
KiwiWendy said... (1/23/07 5:46 PM) Reply
ooh, how did I miss this review. I like the sound of this (and I'll never be a size 10 or less!)
AnneM said... (1/15/07 5:53 PM) Reply
Nice top, but won't work for me if the smaller cup size is C. I've been curious about these.
Jane S said... (1/15/07 3:40 PM) Reply
Peggy, thanks so much for reviewing this top. I too saw it in Nancy Erickson's newsletter and also at the ASG conference. I think you described the impression I got from it. Thanks for the fitting advice. I did think from just eyeballing it that it ran large, sort of vanity sizing in patterns:-)
Peggy L said... (1/15/07 7:39 AM) Reply
Mandolin82-I bought this particular pattern from Nancy Erickson (mail order). I've seen them at sewing shows or you can get them directly from Emma Seabrooke. She is frequently at sewing shows and has an ad in Threads.
PixieCat said... (1/15/07 7:16 AM) Reply
I've sewn several Sewkeyse patterns and love them. Your top is beautiful and I was wondering about this one. I'll get it now. Thanks!
kim*brown said... (1/14/07 10:17 PM) Reply
Very nice! You look very classy, and I love how neat your sewing area is!
Mandolin82 said... (1/14/07 10:06 PM) Reply
Nice top. Where do you find these patterns?

StyleArc Cosy Cardi