Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2625

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:12/10/02 11:19 PM
Last Updated:5/20/03 11:52 AM

See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

sheryb said... (4/1/05 0:45 AM) Reply
thank you for such a thorough description it makes the choice of purchasing the pattern much easier. again thanks
Lisa Laree said... (4/25/04 7:32 AM) Reply
Penelope, I think it was the 100% cotton (rather cheap, actually...not much recovery when stretched) fabric that was the culprit. I made myself a top from this pattern, too, and it also shrank out of size. Prewashing it once just didn't get the bulk of the shrinkage out of it... If you're using 75% stretch fabric, I don't think it will shrink nearly as badly...even if it does shrink a bit, the stretch ought to compensate. I remember my grandmother making a few things for me when I was young...somehow they always ended up being my favorite garments... ;)
Lisa Laree said... (4/25/04 7:31 AM) Reply
Penelope, I think it was the 100% cotton (rather cheap, actually...not much recovery when stretched) fabric that was the culprit. I made myself a top from this fabric, too, and it also shrank out of size. Prewashing it once just didn't get the bulk of the shrinkage out of it... If you're using 75% stretch fabric, I don't think it will shrink nearly as badly...even if it does shrink a bit, the stretch ought to compensate. I remember my grandmother making a few things for me when I was young...somehow they always ended up being my favorite garments... ;)
JDpenelope said... (4/25/04 1:44 AM) Reply
Lisa, I didn't see your review before, because I searched on the wrong number! The pants look so nice, sorry to hear dd outgrew them so fast. Oh dear, I'm making 4 pair w stirrups for dgd, but I'm using 75% stretch and hoping that will give them a little longer life. Nice tips in the review.
Jeanine said... (5/20/03 3:24 PM) Reply
Again, cute top & pants! Thanks for the tip about pre-washing the fabric as well.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-119