Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> Classix Nouveau Razor-Sha (Classix Nouveau Razor-Sharp Pa)

Reviewed by:licarritc

About licarritcstar
Member since: 9/7/04

Posted on:1/17/07 4:05 PM
Last Updated:1/17/07 7:17 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
licarritc said... (4/3/07 8:54 AM) Reply
Carol, there are easier patterns to start with than these, not that these are especially hard but they have a fly front and all. Jeans are that much harder still. Find a really basic pattern from any line and trace the crotch curve from a pair that fits you well. That is where most people have trouble. Ask for advice on the message boards too. lots of talented people here, willing to help!
CarolMurray said... (4/2/07 3:57 AM) Reply
Where can I purchase this pattern and is it easy to make. I new to sewing and so far the pants I've made have turned out well let's just say you can tell I'm new to sewing. Carol
AnneM said... (1/24/07 9:05 PM) Reply
I really need to get back to making my version of these, since I really need some pants. I think this is going to work great for me also - so far, so good. Nice topstitching.
beangirl said... (1/18/07 9:14 PM) Reply
Argh! Lissette, these look so great (in the tiny picture, anyway, I haven't gone to the blog yet) and argh! I wish I had gone ahead and put these in my cart when HP was doing buy-two-get-one. You have me convinced, your trouser-jeans are fab-oo! Post the next ones too please!
cecelia said... (1/18/07 9:03 PM) Reply
Fantastic--a decent crotch curve, and a design that will allow for a sway back and being short--yippee--I feel your glory!
licarritc said... (1/18/07 8:52 AM) Reply
Sherril, I have the same photo in a larger size on my blog. To see all my rotundness in its glory! Blog is at http://swaggerdesign.blogspot.com
Nancy K said... (1/18/07 8:04 AM) Reply
I can't agree with you more. This is the best crotch curve I have ever tried. I have been made at least 7 pairs of pants with this pattern. I have put in cb zipper, added a countour waistband and done it the way it was designed. I too added a cut on fly facing. I wish that the other HP patterns I have were as good.
Leora said... (1/17/07 11:35 PM) Reply
Me too. I swore off buying patterns this year and promised I would actually sew the collection LOL but now I like this one thanks to your review. I need trouser jeans like yours!
Sherril Miller said... (1/17/07 7:54 PM) Reply
I think they look great but your photo is too tiny to see any details. Can you make the photo bigger?
Tarawebster said... (1/17/07 7:38 PM) Reply
GREAT hotpatterns pants review for the classic nouveau razor sharps pattern that I already have but have not made the adequate adjustments to. With more practice, there is a lot of methodology out there to help me pull off making a well fitting pair and I'd consider this a major sewing scess. mao!
licarritc said... (1/17/07 7:24 PM) Reply
Lorna, I used a mid-weight denim (think better jeans) with no stretch in it. Sherril, if you get this, I tried to be very conscious of not making the leg too wide. A lot of the alterations I do seem to do that. These have a fairly wide leg to start with and with our short legs that can be problematic.
Sherril Miller said... (1/17/07 6:19 PM) Reply
Now you've got me wanting just one more pants pattern. Looking forward to your pic.
Lorna C. Newman said... (1/17/07 6:02 PM) Reply
Ditto! I have this pattern on the way as well and can't wait to see how they sew up! I am really anxious to see these in a denim as well ... what weight is your denim?
Peggy L said... (1/17/07 4:20 PM) Reply
Is there going to be a picture???
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/17/07 4:18 PM) Reply
I love this pattern. I can't wait to see yours. They sound great!

More Knits