Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1227 (Issey Miyake Coat (OOP))

Reviewed by:Harriet Rogers

About Harriet Rogersstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 9/13/02
Posted on:1/17/07 10:43 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
moushka said... (8/19/07 11:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful coat, Harriet. Please, if you have time, post the detail photos on Flickr. From all the beautiful garments you've posted, I think it's time to promote yourself to advanced status. Thanks for another super review. Sue
Celina M said... (8/1/07 7:41 PM) Reply
Hi, Can you update your picture links? Because I couldn't find them on flickr & I'd love to see this coat. Celina
AnneM said... (1/24/07 9:12 PM) Reply
When I think "basic", Issey Miyake is the 1st thing that comes to mind ... NOT. However, you did get a great jacket that can pass as basic or not. Like the lining.
Melody said... (1/19/07 2:57 PM) Reply
Harriet, I love your coat, it's perfect on you. Thanks for the many photos. The lining is so much fun as well. It looks great and it looks great on you.
CarolynGM said... (1/19/07 8:06 AM) Reply
I, too, made this coat many years ago. I loved it until DD stole it off my back. She loved it too until the moths got it. I'm pretty sure that I still have the pattern.
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/18/07 5:31 PM) Reply
Harriet, I'll be there in May. PM me with your contact info and we'll definitely get together. I'd love to see you again! -Ann
Harriet Rogers said... (1/18/07 4:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for all comments. I had meant to include a picture of the pattern envelope and a picture of the welted pockets that are under the flap, but I dropped the camera twice and think it is not-fixable. (I may have needed an "up-grade" anyway is how I'm going to explain to myself why I'm going to buy another camera) Ann-Gorgeous-yes, that is G Street in background. Next time you're in town, email or call me: I'd love to meet you there for some snooping around and hopefully, lunch. Dresscode, ha-ha: my stash, thankfully is not quite as large as the G Street Store in Rockville, although, my husband may take exception to that statement.
milwaukee_kelly said... (1/18/07 1:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
dresscode said... (1/18/07 1:02 PM) Reply
Wow! You've really shown how great those Miyake patterns are in real life! By chance, is that your "fabric stash" behind you? LOL! It sure is organized!
frame said... (1/18/07 10:41 AM) Reply
Fabulous!
Linda E. said... (1/18/07 8:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat.. I think I have this pattern in my stash maybe I will revist after seeing yours.
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/18/07 8:06 AM) Reply
Harriet, your coat turned out fantastic! I love the pictures too. Is that G Street in Rockville? -Ann
BeckyC said... (1/18/07 7:57 AM) Reply
Your coat is beautiful! The fabric and lining look so luxurious! Fabulous style on you!
Lisette said... (1/18/07 6:59 AM) Reply
Very elegant coat.
ryan's mom said... (1/18/07 6:40 AM) Reply
What a great coat!
Peggy L said... (1/18/07 5:45 AM) Reply
Great coat and such fun lining!
Tany said... (1/18/07 3:57 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job! Very nice details!
hongkongshopper said... (1/18/07 3:39 AM) Reply
Yes, a beautiful coat. You look very smart!
Ann Smith said... (1/18/07 2:32 AM) Reply
Your coat looks terrific as do you in it. I made this many years ago, I guess when the pattern first came out. I wore it a lot. After awhile it seemed way too over-sized and out of style. Last year I got it out again and like it once again. It seems loose is coming back. Mine is black too.
Diane E said... (1/18/07 0:22 AM) Reply
This coat is beautiful and you look lovely in it! Thanks for all the pics.
Georgene said... (1/17/07 11:19 PM) Reply
Another thing I have to plot to steal from your closet.
PearlGirl said... (1/17/07 11:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat!! It looks fantastic on you!

You Sew Girl Large Tote and Satchel Pattern