Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3455 (Misses Tops and Pants)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Activewear    Pants

Sweater knit fabrics

VictoriaR said... (3/2/08 0:44 AM) Reply
Great work! I just bought the pattern for the top, but your review inspired me to make the bottoms too.
SarahSews said... (2/23/07 9:48 AM) Reply
Leslie, keep up the great work on the cycling clothes. I'm trying this next, as yours are such an inspiration. Thank-you for the review.
KristenI said... (2/20/07 10:17 PM) Reply
Fantastic results! Eventually I'd like to make a pair of activewear pants, RTW is always way too short for me, and yours turned out so great.
Elona said... (2/18/07 4:45 PM) Reply
Cool, Leslie--or, rather, warm! Snow in Texas?? Hard to imagine, somehow. But the fabric sounds wonderful. I haven't tried working with it yet, but your report is most encouraging.
AnneM said... (1/22/07 8:44 AM) Reply
I was wondering if you used coverstitch. I've been a little dubious about making myself stretch pants, but I think I might try it in some powerstretch type fabric. Those look great for outside activities.
BettyMike said... (1/21/07 9:42 AM) Reply
these would be great over my cycling shorts, just one more layer! thanks for the great review.
julesberry said... (1/21/07 6:21 AM) Reply
I would also recommend PowerStretch over Windpro for close fitting leggings, especially for cycling (see http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&ID=16529). PowerStretch is 2-way stretch and the close fit you can get combined with warm fleecy inside and tough outside makes it very good for winter cycling.
jnamcd said... (1/20/07 4:13 PM) Reply
I originally wanted that pattern the for t-shirt (I belive StacySews reviewed it) but now I see the pants look just as nice! Great review!
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/20/07 3:50 PM) Reply
Those look great!
fuzzygalore said... (1/20/07 2:36 PM) Reply
Windpro would definitely be warmer. But I've used PowerStretch with great luck, for biking, and skiing down to 10o, never been cold in my tights... So you might want to scare some up and give it a shot. Thanks for pointing out the crotch gusset, that usually fits well and it's not at all obvious from the pattern!
milwaukee_kelly said... (1/20/07 12:11 PM) Reply
They look great Leslie. I'm sure you'll appreciate that coverage in the cold.
jbrewer said... (1/20/07 11:55 AM) Reply
These look fantastic! I'm so impressed!
MelissaB in WA said... (1/20/07 10:16 AM) Reply
Perfect biking wear! They flatter your figure too! :-)
PattiK said... (1/20/07 9:10 AM) Reply
Practical is best for me as well as comfy. These look great. Thanks for the great review.
Peggy L said... (1/20/07 7:31 AM) Reply
They look great and practical - shows off that jacket!
Maychi said... (1/20/07 5:50 AM) Reply
Those look great Leslie! And I agree, cold weather calls for functional not stylish :-)
Tany said... (1/20/07 3:48 AM) Reply
Awesome leggings! I could use a pair of those! Thank you for reviewing this!
PVA said... (1/20/07 2:10 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review, Leslie -- I definitely am looking for the functional rather than the trendy, especially for cold weather activewear! (We had snow this week, too!)
dreamdesigner said... (1/19/07 10:32 PM) Reply
I notice the sparkly toes too! And yes, my girls would call these "mom" pants!
frame said... (1/19/07 8:55 PM) Reply
These look like a great fit. I think you look quite stylish in them. Even your shoes are sparkly! ;)
Elona said... (1/19/07 8:46 PM) Reply
Oh, good-looking tights, Leslie! I'm glad to see a review of the tights portion of this pattern, because I bought it specifically because it has a crotch gusset, like my Mariko, Danskin, etc., tights, and that was a comfort feature I was looking for.
JDpenelope said... (1/19/07 8:35 PM) Reply
This pattern is nothing special, compared to what you usually do. But it does exactly what you want it to. Furthermore, *You* look special in them and that is the important thing.
Sew4Fun said... (1/19/07 8:11 PM) Reply
These look great Leslie. Perfect for cycling.
Linda G said... (1/19/07 7:29 PM) Reply
They look like you purchased them from a high end store.....if you lived up here in Minnesota you would appreciate that high waist even more than you do down there......happy biking!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (1/19/07 7:27 PM) Reply
Leslie, these look great! I've found that same "hi waist" issue with other Kwik Sew pants patterns, as well.
Donna H said... (1/19/07 7:18 PM) Reply
They look awesome! Great job....and used your 009DCC, hmmm??? !
PattyU said... (1/19/07 7:14 PM) Reply
Thanks for the greaqt review. I appreciate the advice about the waist.
sewbehind said... (1/19/07 7:11 PM) Reply
Leslie, leggings are back in style and you look good in them! (not too many people can wear that look!)

GirlFriends Lanie Wrap Dress